Krell amplifier with Hales speakers?

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on they synergy of my system concerning the amplification. My current system consists of a Well Tempered turntable, Acoustech ph-1p phono stage, and Krell KAV 250cd front ends, these feeding a Krell KAV 300i integrated amplifier. I have all Audioquest ruby interconnects, and Audioquest type 6 speaker cables. My speakers are Hales Revelation Threes. I am wanting to upgrade my preamp/amplifier, should I go with seperates? I am looking at a Krell krc 3 preamp, and either Krell monoblocks (kma 100) or Ksa 150 amplifier.
bfuehrer
FPB 300 a must, FPB 600 if cash is available, KRC 3 OK ,- Brinkmann is much better in the pre
I used a Krell KAV 250a amp with Hales Concept 3's and found the sound a little too aggressive and bright. I had much better success using Balanced Audio Technology VK 200 with the Concept 3's. In fact, I still use the BAT with my Hales Transcendence 5's (similar sound to Revelations). If you decide to go with Krell I would avoid the KAV line and go with a FPB.
I guess that I wasn't aware that the Hales speakers are so hard to drive. THey do tend to sound on the bright side, but they are pretty good in the lower region. I have about 4000 dollars total for preamp and amplifier in my budget. I don't think that I will be able to find any fpb amplifiers at a price to leave enough for a good preamp.
These speakers are not inherently bright. Your electronics are not able to drive them properly and your speaker is telling you that very clearly.