Yamaha amp?

A few years back Yamaha made what was considered an amazing amp. (from what I had read)

Apparently it was a beast with 200 wpc and amazing power.

Can someone tell me what amp it was or let me know if it was as good as the reviews said.

Btw, I understand its not a big $$$ amp, I just want something musical with good power.
thanks
Perry
pkomick75d8
I am not sure but I think what you may be interested in
is a Yamaha MX1000U.

It Was pretty beastly, but keep the load at 4ohms or
greater.

The MX1000 had trademark red light power bars that displayed
up the center of the face plate.

A number of DJ's in the midwest still have them in service.
I think you may be refering to the m70.A little older than the MX1000.The m70 is 200wpc the MX1000 260WPC.I have at one point or another owed both.Good amps?...yes,but watts are not everthing.You should consider some of the lower end u.s. made amps B&K,ACURUS,just to name a few.They may not have 260wpc but are just as loud,if not louder,and much better sound,the extra $50 is money well spent.I went from yamaha to acurus to ocm to bryston to krell,save yourself a step...HAPPY LISTENING!
I still own an MX1000. I keep it in the closet as a spare .
Its actually quite good and held its own to my ears compared to The Big Rotel, which I owned then sold, and Anthem , which I use on my surround. I now own a Classe 301 , which is in a different league for my mains, but a couple of years ago I had to use it as a spare when I had to have my Classe repaired, and The Yamaha sounded real good , when paired with my current electronics. If someone is offering it to you at a real low price and you cannot spend $1000.00-$2000.00 for a new amp, then in that context, the Yamaha is quite good.