Klyne pre-amps, any experience out there?

I have seen and heard good things about some of the Klyne pre-amps but I don't know where to audition them. Are they worth it?

Any advice?
128x128nrchy
I have only listened to a Klyne once in a nice setup with Neverostatic tube amps driving Avalon Eioldon's. A beautiful sounding system. I was impressed with my one time experience with the pre and I am very biased towards tubes.
Are " they " worth it ?

Thomasheisig has mentioned the current series. I can speak for the one before it.

The SK5A is a great-sounding preamp and usually a great buy. Like the current series 7 models, it is a (transistor) unit that tends to make you forget the tube-solid state distinction. If you have vinyl, its phono section will please you because it will adapt to any cartridge.

Stan Klyne still repairs the SK5A AFAIK, although some parts may no longer be available.
I have been a real fan of Klyne preamps since the mid-1980's, when Stan used to infrequently attend meetings of the Pacific NW Audio Society. He would sometimes bring a prototype of the next preamp that he was designing, and the quality of the internal parts and the assembly was always very impressive. All of the Klyne preamps that I've heard over the past 15+ years have been excellent, and in the right system they compete with the very best high-end SS preamps being manufactured.
I've owned several. They were always among the best I auditioned, and Stan Klyne is one of those manufacturers it is simply a pleasure to deal with.
Had one a regretted letting it go,one of the best sounding solid state pres.Goes well with Threshold amps.