Tube Preamps with Bass?

I love what a tube preamp does for the mids and soundstage in my system but I hear the loss of bass slam, weight and dynamics. I was looking at the Blue Circle G-3, Lamm LL2, CJ LS-17, First Sound Presence Deluxe, Joule Elextra.

Any opinions on these preamps or any others in the $5K or so price range mated to the Pass X-250 power amp and producing the added bass slam, weight and dynamics?

Thanks and Happy Listening.
bigkidz
Bigkidz, I'd like to keep an open mind here, but aside from gain, I just don't see how any pre-amp worth it's weight is going to provide better bass or better anything else for that matter.

As far as I can tell, the best a good or better pre-amp can do is get out of the way (or simply interfere with the signal less than it's competition) much like cabling. (and I'm not speaking of passive pre's)

For the characteristics you seek, I can't help but believe that 90% or more will be found, not in the pre-amplifier, but in the amplifier. And then of course a pair of speakers than can reproduce what the amp is delivering to them.

Yes, I am aware of the synergy between each and every component within an entire system. But the amp produces far more sonic signature (good or bad) than any other component or combination thereof.

I'm not saying this is the way it should be. But based on my limited experience, it appears that this is the way things are.

-IMO (of course)
Hovland will likely not give you bass as someone suggested.

Used, find a SF Line 3, it will not only give bass but authority through out the music spectrum.

I currently use a Pass Labs Aleph P which gives a tremendous presentation.

p.s. i previously used a line 3!
Stehno, I think that may be part of the problem. Some preamps don't let the bass slam and dynamics come through...

Bigkidz, I think I understand what you are looking for as I am looking for the same. As mentioned the Supratek is very good.

Another that you should consider that directly addresses what you are looking for is the Joule LA-150, not LA-100. The LA 100 is a sweet, lush sounding preamp. I have heard it and it is extremely good. (I am familiar with the Joule equipment as I own one of Jud's OTL amps.) According to Jud Barber and Bobby Palkovic (Merlin) the LA150 improves upon the LA100 in every way, most notably slam and dynamics. I am buying the LAP-150 and I expect it to better the Syrah Supratek preamp I have heard... but I don't know for sure it will. If it does it will be some kinda pre... I don't think you can really go wrong with either.

Best regards.
Bigkidz, if you're just looking for the bass slam in preamp, you should consider ARC LS-5 MKIII.
It has excellent top to bottom frequency response like no others. However, the only setback is -- You need ALL balanced components to use it because that's all it have.