About Mosfet

Hi Audiogonians, Merry Christmas.

I got some questions about MOSFET.

First I would like to know how can one damages a MOSFET? Can wrong connection from powersupply kill it? Next up is how does a damaged MOSFET sounds like and how can one knows which one is dead if there are more than one in a poweramp? Finally, if there such a thing as life span of a MOSFET?

Equipment-Adcom GFA5500. Problem-One channel sounds like a weak reception radio. Cause-could be wrong connection. Can someone help me to trobleshoot this?
rainchild
Hey guys,

Bad news, I changed the dead fuse, amp was ok for a few mins and spark starts coming out and now the Mosfet of that faulty channel ready blown. Sent the damaged channel PCB to a nearby technician. Ask me some questions. He thinks it is because I didn't screw back all the screws that fasten the mosfets onto the heatsink. That's the price of laziness.
Hey,
Nothing to wonder.
One channel was already going out due to the late action of fuse anyway. Hence the distortion on one channel you were experiencing.
Just next time make sure you fasten tight to the heatsink no-matter bipolar or FET so the tech won't have to make-up the reason.