Krell FPB 300cx enough to drive B&W Nautilus 801?

I'm about to purchase the Nautilus 801s, along with the Krell FPB 300cx amp. Would there be any significant improvement if I were to get the Krell 400cx instead? I emphasize the word significant, because price is a major issue. I know the 801s need power, so any opinions as to the sufficiency of the 300cx would be much appreciated. Thanks.
liszt458
I am a no count nobody from nowhere when it comes to Hi-Fi equipment, but I have been studying very much to understand how it all works. I am getting into it all and have purchased a set of B&W n802 just recently. To my understanding with all my research, I have discovered that the increase in watts pr channel isn't about more volume. It's about the quality of the sound at all volume levels.
Krell's literature and web page state that the
FPB-300cx, FPB-400cx, and FPB-700cx share the SAME
circuit topology.

It's basically a question of how much power does the
power supply have to put into the same circuitry and
how many output devices share the load.

In that matter, the difference is only 1.25 dB.

The "quality" is really a function of how much of the amp's
capacity you are using. The smaller the fraction of the
amp's capacity - the more "linear" the response.

So you have to push a 300cx a little more than a 400cx to
deliver more power - and thus drive it more toward the
non-linear regime. However, you only push it 1.25 dB
more than the 400cx - so the difference will be marginal.

Dr. Gregory Greenman
Physicist
I currently own a pair of B&W Nautilus 801's and the fpb 300c amp. There is absolutely no need to for the 400 amp. You'd be wasting your money. The amp provides more than adequate power. Any louder your ears will start bleeding. believe me it's plenty.
The 300c would be more than enough power as I was previously using one on my 801n's in a large room
without any strain. I replaced the 300c with a MAC
MC2000 and according to its meters very loud levels
are about 13 watts. The MAC sounds much better on these
and has no problem controlling the woofer. If you want SS
I would look at the MAC402 or 501's.
If money is no object buy the 400. The 300 is a great amp and will sound great. I doubt you will be disappointed