Anyone heard the Krell KCT Preamp?

I am in the market for a preamp and was wondering if anyone has had a chance to evaluate or audition this unit. Any owners care to comment? Also, there seems to be no reviews published that I can find thus far. I am also particularly interested in its CAST feature for mating with Krell Class A amps (high impedance output into low impedance input. Thanks in advance.
stevecham
I really enjoyed reading the posts here. I currently have a pair of Sonus Faber Elipsa speakers driven by Krell FPB 250mc mono blocks, which replaced the Parasound JC1s recently. I think the FPBs are sweeter and warmer than the JC1s. I am not so happy with my BAT 51SE pre. It sounds a little too dark to me. It seems that the KCT is the way to go. I wish to have a preamp that is a little sweeter/more musical than the BAT. I wonder if the KCT is a good match for my system or should I look into tube preamps like CJ or Cary SLP-05? Thanks.
I think the KCT would be an excellent choice for your system. I also dropped this preamp into my friend's JC1 /Vandersteen 5A based system a couple of years ago while he was searching for a preamp and it sounded wonderfully sweet, warm and dynamic. Also, you have the CAST connection on your 250mc and this will be an improvement to non-CAST connections.
If you want to try tubes I would go with Audio Research. I have a KCT and it is exceptionally good the only thing that has turned me on more is the AR 5 SE, it's an amazing preamp. I've always liked the Sonus Faber Elipsa and always thought it would sound great with FPB's. I heard it with some big mac's but the bottom end was horrible with those and the midrange and treble were nothing special but I could tell it wasn't the speaker. The speakers sounded like they had great potential.

Rob
Thanks for the suggestion. I listened to the same speakers in a local store driven by big macs and, as you said, did not sound very good. Also listened to them in the store driven by a REF 5 (not the SE) but with Mac amps, I was not impressed either. Sounds like a REF 5SE and Krell FPB could be a good combo.