Anyone heard the Krell KCT Preamp?

I am in the market for a preamp and was wondering if anyone has had a chance to evaluate or audition this unit. Any owners care to comment? Also, there seems to be no reviews published that I can find thus far. I am also particularly interested in its CAST feature for mating with Krell Class A amps (high impedance output into low impedance input. Thanks in advance.
stevecham
Thanks As350_b3 and Scoutdog for your response.

As350_b3: What is your source components and speaker model ?
6550c - Why would I need to test a tube -- Thats my point "Learn" -- Enjoy the music without wondering about - do I hear something/how many hours have I listen to these tubes -- If I install this tube will it sound better? -- is it time to change the tubes or am I getting the best sound -- If I want to tinker with tubes or bias -- I'd "DO" what the tube guys "DO".
I Do state that I have sony's and dennon and Yamahas -- even had pioneer -- No bad comments for any of the equipment/or who made them -- Good equipment - Good companies and I bounce from one to the next - good to great, thats how you "learn" whats good and whats a step above and in my experience (what I learned -- I do have a lot of degrees) -- it usually cost to get to the great sound.
But my point was not to focus on money (usually wealthy people are very smart -- They usually don't DO what other people want you to DO -- my case in point) -- But the KCT is still one of the best (notice I didn't say "The Best in all the world")-- and I can afford the best -- I like the best but being smart - I tried to let him know that he should try to get in the upper margin with whatever kind or equipment/company - Tubes or solid state -- will get him to the 90% range of great sound (If that is what he is shooting for)-- the KCT will do that for him - an All Cast system will move it up a notch -- and nothing out there will "Blow it away" -- why? because its a great system -- Mine still looks good too.
So 6550c - I was trying to tell him to "Be smart" wade through the bias -- if you (6550c) fall in that category so be it. By the way I only have half-ton of money -- the other half I spent on great audio gear from all the different companies and I have no bad - put down comments for doing it, I learned from hearing some of the best audio equipment in the world and the KCT is a great preamp.
Thanks guys I just picked up one to replace my KRC-3 which I also like even though I know it's not the best...

I also have FPB750MCX amps, one of the amps has failed so I'm sending them in and getting them tuned up too. I have had a ton of Krell equipment and love it except for what they did to Dan of course. I love his new amps too and he says the new preamp is going to be a stunner.

Looking forward to my first CAST system. Thanks for all the help on here!

Rob
Well, after almost 8 trouble-free years I am happy to report that my KCT (and 400cx) is still making music trouble free and sounding simply fantastic. I am still using the same CAST cable with the 400cx. I have only had to change the batteries in the remote once in all this time. Along with my Aries 2 turntable, these components are by far the longest I have held onto any and I have absolutely no desire to swap them out for something else. There is truly a synergy with this system that shall not be disrupted. Everytime I fire it up and start playing music I still experience that "ahhh" factor.
Steve
..AMEN scoutdog..Amen............you preach the truth..and I can't agree more.