Anyone heard the Krell KCT Preamp?

I am in the market for a preamp and was wondering if anyone has had a chance to evaluate or audition this unit. Any owners care to comment? Also, there seems to be no reviews published that I can find thus far. I am also particularly interested in its CAST feature for mating with Krell Class A amps (high impedance output into low impedance input. Thanks in advance.
stevecham
That's the problem when one has tons of money and can bounce from one most expensive system to another most expensive system - you are never forced to really learn (like how to test a tube) more than names of mega priced gear. That may be exactly what they want you to do and part of the reason prices have gone parabolic.
Thanks As350_b3 and Scoutdog for your response.

As350_b3: What is your source components and speaker model ?
6550c - Why would I need to test a tube -- Thats my point "Learn" -- Enjoy the music without wondering about - do I hear something/how many hours have I listen to these tubes -- If I install this tube will it sound better? -- is it time to change the tubes or am I getting the best sound -- If I want to tinker with tubes or bias -- I'd "DO" what the tube guys "DO".
I Do state that I have sony's and dennon and Yamahas -- even had pioneer -- No bad comments for any of the equipment/or who made them -- Good equipment - Good companies and I bounce from one to the next - good to great, thats how you "learn" whats good and whats a step above and in my experience (what I learned -- I do have a lot of degrees) -- it usually cost to get to the great sound.
But my point was not to focus on money (usually wealthy people are very smart -- They usually don't DO what other people want you to DO -- my case in point) -- But the KCT is still one of the best (notice I didn't say "The Best in all the world")-- and I can afford the best -- I like the best but being smart - I tried to let him know that he should try to get in the upper margin with whatever kind or equipment/company - Tubes or solid state -- will get him to the 90% range of great sound (If that is what he is shooting for)-- the KCT will do that for him - an All Cast system will move it up a notch -- and nothing out there will "Blow it away" -- why? because its a great system -- Mine still looks good too.
So 6550c - I was trying to tell him to "Be smart" wade through the bias -- if you (6550c) fall in that category so be it. By the way I only have half-ton of money -- the other half I spent on great audio gear from all the different companies and I have no bad - put down comments for doing it, I learned from hearing some of the best audio equipment in the world and the KCT is a great preamp.
Thanks guys I just picked up one to replace my KRC-3 which I also like even though I know it's not the best...

I also have FPB750MCX amps, one of the amps has failed so I'm sending them in and getting them tuned up too. I have had a ton of Krell equipment and love it except for what they did to Dan of course. I love his new amps too and he says the new preamp is going to be a stunner.

Looking forward to my first CAST system. Thanks for all the help on here!

Rob
Well, after almost 8 trouble-free years I am happy to report that my KCT (and 400cx) is still making music trouble free and sounding simply fantastic. I am still using the same CAST cable with the 400cx. I have only had to change the batteries in the remote once in all this time. Along with my Aries 2 turntable, these components are by far the longest I have held onto any and I have absolutely no desire to swap them out for something else. There is truly a synergy with this system that shall not be disrupted. Everytime I fire it up and start playing music I still experience that "ahhh" factor.
Steve