Which basic amps can drive 1 ohm loads ?

Which amps will drive 1 ohm loads like Apogee Speakers?
seadogs1
certainly Innersound ESL amps...Roger designed them especially for electrostatic speakers....
My Krell Ksa-250 will drive a 1 ohm load, it's rated at 2000 watts per channel@1 ohm. As a matter of fact I am looking for a pair of large Apogees in the near future, I have a pair of small Apogees now and have caught the Apogee bug it seems.

Dave
Scintillas? Seadogsl, how much money do you want to spend? Old krells would be your cheapest way out, but if you want to get the best out the best speaker in the world (IMO), then the Pass Labs X600 monos are unrivaled (IMO). Old Krells probably will have maintenace problems. Pass X600 amps are still relatively new, and are fine used. Expect to pay approximately $7000 for used ones (still a lot cheaper than Gryphon.)

See me and the boys + one girl at:

http://audioworld.com/cgi-bin/sw/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Apogee+Acoustics+Users+Group&number=1
Lazarus h1a hybrid amps in mono mode can easily drive Scintillas without breaking a sweat.
The Aragon Palladiums I have will drive a 1 ohm load all day long and run at 1 kilowatt... A bargain at 3 grand!!
Best of luck..
by the way, skip the adcom for a 1 ohm load...
Distortion city!!
Happy listening,
Joe
Custom Audio LLC