Beating a dead horse - Pre with Pass-Thru

I know this subject (or question) has been asked before, and I, myself, have even started a couple of threads on it. In receiving and researching (with great enjoyment, I might add) all your suggestions on recommended 'balanced' Pre's that have processor pass-thru’s, I realized that many, not all, despite being balanced, did not offer the pass thru function through the balanced inputs; or, if they did, only sported one set of balanced inputs, leaving me short, since both my processor and tranport/DAC have balanced outs.

So, I’m turning to you, the experts, once again, in hopes of finding the elusive pre. In short, does anyone know of an excellent Pre that would have:

1) More than one set of balanced inputs… AND
2) Pass-thru/By-pass function through one of its balanced inputs.
vectorman67
Krell KCT is an excellent SS 2 channal pre that has 2 sets of balanced inputs. You can select any input you want for theater pass-through.
Try a used Anthem AVM-2. Amazing sound, lots of balanced inputs and a bypass. You can pick one up for around $1100 used. Soncically this theater pre is amazing. It is very flexible and the bypass makes a noticable difference. I'm sure there are more choices out there but few in that price range with better sound and features.
Hi Sdcampbell,

Mainly, the reason for my desire to seek a balanced approach is simply curiosity. I've heard and read so many opinions on the subject - how balanced is better, etc... - that I now just want to hear for myself.

I've tried tweaks, changing gear, upgrading components, (a never ending hobby, I might add) - all to varying degrees of success and failure. And since going with an all balanced system is the only area I haven't explored, I figure, Why not?? Worst case scenario is, as you allude, that it doesn't make a difference... In that case, I simply switch over to the single ended inputs, which, I've found, will almost always be available to me, unless I buy a pre that is 100% balanced.

Hope that explains it.. :)

To everyone else, those are great suggestions. The pre's you recommend are new ones I hadn't considered. Thanks!
Sonic Frontiers Line series have two sets of balanced inputs and HT passthrough. I haven't tried the passthrough on the balanced inputs, but the manuals are online.