Biamping combining Tube and SS

Does anyone know if it's possible to biamp using a solid state amp and a tube amp. I have a Bryston 3B SST and have just puchased a Sonic Frontiers Power 2. Can I combine the two or do both amps have to be identical. Any thoughts/suggestions???
evanlandis
I know of a few audiophiles who do / have done this. The argument that is put forward for combining tube (for the mids and upper frequencies) and solid state amps (for the bass frequencies) in a bi-amp arrangement is that the tube amp yields a nice, sweet treble, while the solid state amp provides tight, dynamic, well-controlled bass.

Personally, I didn't care much for the tube/solid state combo in the systems I have heard. The tube amp and the solid state will usually have quite different sonic signatures, and on high-resolution speakers the differences are quite detectable. I think one gets better results by using a tube preamp and solid state power amp.
Sorry if this sounds crude, but why not just get one right amp rather than two wrong amps?

-IMO
I don't think it's a matter of getting the right amp. Right now I am using a tubed Sonic Frontiers Line 3 pre amp with the Bryston amp. The combo is quite nice. It's just a matter of playing around as we all seem to do. On a technical note, how do I do it?