Conrad Johnson MV60SE vs. Audio Research VS55

Has anyone here ever compared Conrad Johnson MV60SE amp versus the Audio Research VS55 amp? And has anyone ever compared either of these two amps to the Vintage McIntosh MC240 or MC225/MC275 (unmodified original) amp? Thanks!!
sounddude
Yes, I have compared the VS55 against the MV60SE and the CJ won hands down. The CJ was more open, faster, transparent so I bought it. My pre-amp is a Audio Research SP16, so the obvious choice should have been either a VS55 or a VS110, I tried both against the MV60SE and as they say...I put my money where my mouth is.
There was an indirect comparison (back to back reviews) about a year ago between the MV60 (not se version) and the ARC in HiFi+. Their conclusion was that the CJ, even then, was a better amp. From my personal experience, the MV60SE is a clear winner. Dynamic, specific, musical, wide and deep soundstage, defined bass. The ACR is not as detailed or specific. The bass is not as tight and overall comes off sounding dry, maybe even sterile.
i have a cj mv60se,i never heard the arc but i can tell you if you can get a nice used cj at a good price say... uh 1500.00 to 18.00 grab it. the 60se is a lot of amp,reliable and the sound just wraps around you clean and clear.the funny thing is i have it hooked to the preout of a low end harmon kardon 235 surround receiver lolololol and i cant take my ears off of it olololololoo.maybe its the meadowlark osprey speakers i dont know for sure.its certainly not the sony cdr for discs.cant wait till i can get a good tube pre amp for it.i got real lucky i bought my cj brand new in sealed box on audiogon auction for 1900.00 i drove and picked that bad boy up in heart beat. i love audiogon ...love it, love it baby o yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can now have the caps in the MV 60 upgraded to teflon and that will take you close to CJ premier level performance. If you have the MV 60 consider all the upgrades.
doesnt the mv 60se have the teflon caps ????? oh my god tell me more!....if not what upgrades are available