Jolida and B&W Nautilus 805

Has any one had any experience with Jolida tube amps driving B&W Nautilus 805s? I've tried to read up on this in the forums and find two facts:

1. The Nautilus series likes high-powered solid-state amps.
2. Using a single-ended design is not recommended.

Jolida amps are not single-ended, but push-pull designs. My question is, would one of these amps (e.g. JD 202A w/ 40W output) be enough to drive this speaker pair nicely? Or do I need a higher powered model? How much power would be enough? Finally, do you recommend any other tube integrated amplifiers (or solid state) for this speaker pair instead? My budget for amplification (including pre) is $2000.

Thanks for any help!
lennychen
I guess we each have our own definitions when it comes to room size...

Personally, I am not so fond of the tube preamp, solid state power amplifier combination. That's not to say that it does not work, as conventional wisdom often follows that path. Most people I come across recommend it. But, it just isn't for me.

In fact, while a proponent of this kind of setup in the past, I now have come to the conclusion that it really goes against my style.

First, there are enough tube friendly dynamic loudspeakers out there that a tubeophile can move into. Unless I was going to go with something like an Apogee or Magneplanar, or I had a non - sonic reason for using a solid state amplifier, I would be using a tube power amplifier.

Second, I have now come across enough systems where the tube preamp takes away from the sound, often adding hash or a upper bass - lower mid blump, or loss of resolution, that I have become soured on the what the conventional wisdom is.

Conversely, I have, in the past few years, been around quite a few very good sounding systems running a solid state preamp mated to a tube power amplifier, that I now believe in the contrarian point of view.

Of course, my first preference is still a tube integrated or a tube preamp with tube power amplifier. But, I am pretty much a tubeophile. Each person should fine out his own tastes, and then build a system according to it.
Current using Cary Audio SLP308/Audio Research VS110 to drive B&W signature 805s with great sound. I still have nautilus 805s driven by classe 151(150W/ch). If you like tube sound, classe is a ss amp with a tube-like sound. I second Trelja's opinion on N805 needing more power than Jolida. If you have made up your mind, go with 502B with KT88.
P.S. Thanks for responding to my previous thread, Trelja.
I think your Classe is just what kind of amplifier the N805 needs, Glai. I would still need to see how the marriage of the 502B with KT88 goes with the N805, but I cannot dismiss it out of hand.

Class and Rowland would be ideal candidates.

Maybe it's just me, but B&W doesn't seem to be the loudspeaker most easy to mate with a tube amplifier. In my experience, solid state is preferable for their product. Of course, your Audio Research should do find with 100+ tube watts.
I'm in the same boat!
I was looking at the Jolida 502b to drive my new N805s
I'm looking for a dealer in my area with both products for a test run. Anyone know of a dealer in the New York City Area?
Trelja, let me know what your opinion of the combo is if you hear it first.
Thanks for all the great advice...but I'm starting to doubt I will carry out this massive (expensive) project...

I think it's going to be budget stuff for me...maybe a Jolida matched with cheaper speakers... :P