Amp heat sinks are ringing

I have been working to reduce the slap echo in my room by using quick hand claps, and various foam panels to attenuate the noise. I have discovered that my Classe CAM 200 monoblock heat sinks are actually ringing- they can be excited by handclaps, and heard across the room. There are 10 heat sinks per amp, about 2" deep by 8" high. Running my fingers along the heatsinks makes them ring like a bell!

I am concerned that this ringing might be excited when I am listening to the system, and may add extra treble noise.

Does anyone have any suggestions for damping out the noise? I am concerned about using a material that can withstand the heat, and not impede the airflow?

thanks for your help!
gnobber
Didn't read the whole thread -did anyone suggest using spring-type wooden clothes pins? Clamp the suckers ON!
Post removed 
Perhaps someone suggested this and I just missed it.

The easiest thing to try first is just apply one continuous strand of electrical tape across edges of the fins connect them via the tape, which changes their ability to vibrate. You may have to run more than one layer, but if your fins are black and you use black tape, the fix is almost invisible to the eye (and cheap too).

I thought this was a fairly common tweak, but maybe not.
Before you get to the point of placing everything but the kitchen sink, french (Oops a.k.a Trader) fries, etc. in your heat sinks.

1.) Call Classe, see what they have to say?

2.) Your room needs more work, forget "Foam", & don't go crazy spending thousands of dollars on specialty acoustical panels.

A.)Tell us more about your listening room! Hardwood floors, huge bay/picture window, cathederal ceiling, etc.

B.) What kind of stands are the amps on, Metal???

Get some Homasote Fiberboard 4'x8' panels covered w/ Burlap, they are 5/8" thick & fire rated. You may have to special order these $28-50 ea. This is what radio stations & TV broadcast room walls are covered w/ instead of drywall. They cut easily (yet messy) w/ a carpet knife. You can make up your over rectangular wall panels, paint the burlap & frame the edges w/ oak edge trim from Chateu' Depot. Or cover entire walls w/ it, as once painted it looks quite attractive? Pillows, Heavier Drapes, etc.....

You won't believe this but if you search the web, you'll find interior paints w/ acoustical dampening properties, along w/ Low E, etc. at $45 a gallon.

Secondly, I would concentrate more on the base the amp is on, & dampen/isolate the heck out of it.

Placing any foreign object in my heat sinks would be the last step, Gosh the CAM-200's where actually on my auditioning list. Well not now that you need auto parts to get them to sing, oops not ring. Only Kidding :0)~

Seriously, need more info on your room itself!!!