Lexicon MC-12 or Meridian 861?

I can't decide which is better a used meridian 861 2.8 or a new lex.mc-12b- Any thoughts would be appreciated-thanks,gary
bebop86
My suggestion would be to use the Lexicon 12B for your home theatre outputting the front channels to a Wadia. Run the Lexicon 12B L + R channels for movies through a Wadia CD player used as a preamp. For CD sound quality you can't do better than running straight from a Wadia to your amps. Now you also have your existing preamp free to sell. This way you have all the benifits of digital home theatre from the Lex 12B, balanced L + R theatre sound connects to the Wadia input, no preamp for your CD music to degrade the sound. You can have your cake and eat it too!!!!!!!!!!
I like the Meridian 861 for sound quality.

I like the MC-12 for surround functionality.

Another bargain that offers better sound quality IMHO is a used EAD 8800 Pro. I compared my old 8000 next to the MC12 and thought the EAD sounded better in stereo and bypass by a considerable margin. The MC12 had it beat in ergonomics and surround functionality without question.

Also, do not forget about Theta...another fine unit.

I guess it all comes down to priorities.
For what it's worth...I have a Lexicon MC-1 in my downstairs system and an EAD 8000 Theatermaster pro in my upstairs system. In terms of sound...the EAD smokes the MC-1.......but I'm sure the 12 was a big improvement over the 1.