Matching Pre-Amp for Audio Aero Capitole MKII ?

Hi,

Does anyone have suggestions as to a good pre-amp, which will match the Audio Aero Capitole MKII CD Player.

Currently, I have the CD player connected direct into a Krell KSA250 Amp and provides what I think is reasonable soundstage, good bass slam and detail utilising Pure Silver XLR interconnects.

I'm wondering if using a good pre-amp (SS or Tube) will somehow enhance the Soundstage and provide even greater performance.

TJ
tyronejackson01dc
Wellfed- You ran from the digital output of your cd player to your atma-sphere preamp? How is that possible? Did you mean that your ran from your variable analog outputs(which just happen to be controled in the digital domain) from your cd player to your preamp- cause that would make a LOT more sense to me right now :) Unless of course I am confused and your atma-sphere has a DAC built in, but I wasn't aware of there preamps having a DAC section.
Tireguy, I was referring to my digital source signal. Sorry for the confusion.
Just checking out the forums on the AA Capitole MKl & since I just picked up a used one a couple of months ago.
I was hoping to connect directly to my Sim W-5 and then to the Maggies 1.6qr eliminating the preamp.Not!
The heart and soul of a good setup is a preamp and I found this out .Really wanted to down size / get rid of /replace my old Accuphase C280L preamp vintage 1986 .The Capitole loves the added presence and wholeness that the Accuphase provides and merely adds to the soundstaging and realism department.
Peter D.
I've had good luck running my Capitole Mk2 through a Joule LA-100 linestage. It seems to add a little texture to voices, especially womens voices. I set the volume on the Capitole at 0 dbr to let all the information therough to the linestge. Other components are Berning ZH-270 and Merlin MX speaks with Cardas GR ICS.