Tube gear under $2k?

Ok, when I bought my speakers, I auditioned them with various gear, but my favorite was the Manley Stingray. The problem is that I plan on also running my tv through my 2 channel system, so I really want a remote! At this price, I figure I need to go used to get a remote. Anyway, I'd like my system to be fast & detailed, with tight, quick bass and with some slam. I listen to jazz, metal, trip-hop, classic rock, folk, electronic... pretty much everything. I know I have a lot of demands and little money (relatively) to spend on them, but what can I do? Anyway, I need suggestions/opinions! HELP!!! Thanks in advance!
eeerie1
Everything sounded great with the Stingray... even trip-hop & metal! By the way, as this is my first time venturing into tubes, I'd prefer something reliable and easy to work with (I might try a kit later... that sounds like fun).
For $2k you can get Quicksilver separates. Quickies have one of the most reliable and affordable tube gear. M60 the large ones with AE3 tube preamp will bring you to the heaven for near $1.5k
How would Quicksilver separates compare to the other options mentioned in this thread? From what I've been able to read in different forum archives, it sounds like the Rogue Tempest Magnum might be what I'm looking for. Would other people agree? Would some other option be better for me? Since I'm buying this used & unheard, I'm trying to get as much input as I can. Anyway, I really appreciate the help.
The Rogue Magnum series is excellent no matter which one. The Tempest gets you there without having to spend more money on 88+66. Used ones get snapped up really quickly however if the price is decent. Even the standard Rogues may give you all you need. I was quite impressed with Rogue when I auditioned them. Only thing I didn't like was the cooling fan (on the 88 - don't remember if tempest has it but probably). It was silent but my job is thermal management of electronics and I feel they could do better in that regard. Heck, we don't mind seeing the tubes, do we?? Oh well... Arthur
Actually, I really like seeing the tubes... not enough to make me avoid a piece of equipment, though. Do you feel the fan in the Rogue equipment introduces reliability problems, Arthur?