Amps to drive Vandy 3A signatures

Hello all,

I am looking into the Vandersteen 3A signatures and noticed that they need quite a bit of juice to get them going. This fact may prevent me from purchasing these speakers since I cannot afford to spend more than $1500 total on amplification. Anyone have any good recommendations for amps, integrated or separates in this price range that can do an adequate job driving these speakers.

Thanks in advanced
krazeeyk
Hello All,

Thanks for the great responses. Anybody know of any good integrateds for $1500 that would work well with these speakers. Sorry I forgot to mention this before, but my listening room is 16' x 20'.

Thanks
Well...I have heard the 3As on a Bryston b-60 and was amazed at the combination...Vandies can be a little "loose" in the bottom octaves(still very musical)...and the Bryston brought great control and finesse...not ultra-fast/tight performance...but probably one of the better bass reproductions I have heard from Vandies...it also should be noted Brystons are known for being very bass accurate amps...which is why Maggie owners enjoy them as well...ofcourse the legendary "spatial" qualities and 3-d imaging of the Vandies were in tact...nice pairing...about $1500 new w/o the remote....soundcity.com has demos from time to time..good luck
ALso...the b-60 can be used as a pre when and if you decide to add more power...such as a Bryston 4b...LOL!
Krazeeyk...one last thing...as others have stated...Vandies are forgiving of electronics...if u are on a tight budget...the NAD c370 120w amp would be a great cost alternative option...my dealer has both NAD and Bryston...and I was surprised at how well the NAD performed at roughly 1/3 the cost...doesnt have the build quality or 20 yr warranty of the Bryston...but hey...it will get you up and running...and it sounds very good...I have the smaller c350 in my 2nd system and couldnt be more happy with its performance...cheers...
Correction: I believe the NAD is more like 1/2 the cost of the Bryston...you get the picture...