Music Reference RM9 - user comments please

I am considering of getting a used RM9 for my Merlin-TSM, can any user of the amp comments.
vintage
I have owned 3 of these. Every time I sold it, I would miss it and buy another. I have currently owned my last one for approx. 6 years with not an ounce of trouble. These amps are built to last and do run hot as they are biased heavily into class A up to about 20 watts. If you can afford it , go for the mk2. better midrange and fuses for each output tube. Otherwise, get your feet wet and go for the mk1. Best tube is the EL-34, which is the tube Modjestky designed around. Will drive TSM's without even breathing hard. I would contact Bobby first though. He might reccomend something different and less powerful.
Thanks guys for the feedback. Having 8 power tubes in the mk1 do make me consider. It will be rather costly to replace 2 sets of quad pairs of tubes. While still waiting for Bobby's reply on the amp, keep hunting.
I just purchased a pair of maggies 2.7 2 weeks ago. I had own the 1.6 speaker for over 1 year. I have a CJ MV125 amp. 125 watts of power this puts out. Do you think I have enough power to drive these speakers? The RM 9 my friend owns with ProAc speakers. A good sound he gets. Do you still own the maggies 3A? Please respond. Thanks marv
I used to have the 1.6/RM9 combo. The music reference drove the maggies superbly in my 16X26 room. The 1.6s have long been gone, but the RM9 is still the anchor in my system.

Oz
I've had the original RM-9 for ten years. No problems whatsoever. I concur with the above posts but think that the KT-88 is way better sounding than the EL-34 or 6550. Buy one, you'll probably own it for life.