Adding a phono stage component ? Advice needed

Would like to venture into vinyl but my current preamp doesn't have a phono stage. Could a second preamp be used solely for the phono stage? Currently using the amps balanced output to the preamps balanced input. Could the amps unbalanced outputs be run to another preamp for phono stage use? Current system consists of:
Adcom GFA-5802
Adcom GFP-750
Adcom gcd-750
zenieth
Jim you have helped ease my mind in a couple of areas. I've heard the hum issue all to many times now about Grado. If I could get some Dynavector vs Rega input. Then I could narrow that decision to the point. I'm also starting to believe that Rotel isn't a viable candidate either. I think I will call Jerry and see what he recommends. The point of obtaining a phono pre with both capabilities is a must. Ok thanks and I'll wander a little more. Hopefully I can gain enough knowledge and make a sound choice here! Thanks again.
Hey, one last idea (man, I gotta get a life- this flu is killing me!).

You mentioned earlier that you were looking for a phono pre- in the $500-$600 range. Why not start another thread asking just this exact question, particularly from people with your equipment? I think it would be interesting, as well as very helpful.

Just a thought.

Jim.
Your right. For a flu sickened individual your pretty sharp!!! I hope your feeling better soon.........