Have you ever deceived your wife-audio purchase

This could lead to a hysterical thread. How many audiophiles have come home with an expensive amp/preamp/and told their wife they bought it for practically nothing? Only to have paid 3-4K they had in their private stash? How many audiophiles have secretly installed a new "toy" in their audio system thinking their wife wouldn't notice. My old girlfriend thought anything beyond a boombox was excessive. Whenever I would upgrade my system,I would come up with some far fetched tale(lie) Would love to hear your story.......
krelldog
A fellow member who shall remain nameless, will be ordering a pair of Tempo Electric speaker cables in "pink" Teflon housing, tie on a pretty bow, and present them to his lovely wife as a Birthday gift. Really!!
How does a real Man even come up with an idea as this??
They are nice cables, tho:)
If you earn it spend as much as you like on anything you want. If you're not cashing in your 401K what difference does it make as far as I know you can't take it with you.

That being said there's a point of diminishing return so even though you can doesn't mean you should.
Wouldn't the gentlemanly thing to do be to knock off a decimal point?
Generally don't ask don't tell in my house regarding my purchases or hers. We keep mostly separate finances. I thought several purchases of mine went completely unnoticed but one day she walked over while I was tinkering and said, "I don't know how much any of these cost (points at every new item) but I'm not dumb" and left the room.