Bryston owners ONLY

Good luck plus some creative thinking rendered
a handsome windfall. Time to upgrade..
Present system consists of a 4B-ST, Bp-25 and
Silveraudio Sonatina II's.
Should I invest into an additional 4B? (bridge them)
Sell the 4B and buy 2 7B's mono blocks.
Sell the 4B and buy a 14B-ST?
Thanks in advance to any opinions!
markeetaux
Jarrod - just to add on here an NRB cannot be brought up to SST status only ST status. Actually the ST can't be updated either...There were too many changes with components and layout when Bryston went to the SST version.
To: Rgd

Thank you! I knew that the NRB isn't upgradable. That's why I am going to be using either used ST or going all the way to the SST series. The point I was trying to make is keep within the same series. However since the ST & SST both have the same gain, one should be able to use a 4B(ST) on the bottom and the SST on the top end.

CORECTION: Stick with the same line. I forgot that the new series has higher output.

Jas
Just saw this thread and would like to add that I've upgraded from the 3 to 4 to 7B-ST's. Each adds more weight to the bass and clarifies dense muscial passages. So, as always, your choice depends on what you like and what music you play. I like solid bass so thought it very worthwhile to move through the line. From everything I've heard, the 7B-ST's are superior to two bridged 4B-ST's. I also read a very recent review (I believe in Stereophile)that suggested the SST's don't necessarily beat out the ST's on all fronts. In fact, the reviewer actually preferred the 7B-ST to the equivalent SST for serious listening.

If you're happy where you are, stay where you are and take that first to getting off the merry go round ;-) As you can probably tell, I'm an audioholic who is still having too much fun to quit. Whatever you decide, try before you buy, preferably in your home. Happy Listening.