Reactions to HP's review of Antique Sound Lab amp?

He raved about the Hurricane in the latest TAS.
Anyone with long term experience care to comment?
jp
914nut
It's heartwarming to know that in this digital age, the power of the press is not dead yet...
I hope for some folks' sake that this amp is as good as Mr. Pearson says it is (this month).
Will this thing drive Magneplanar Tympanis?

My Levinson is still being serviced and I am sick of waiting!
I would say "yes", but I have had no true experience with Maggies. However, I believe that Jim Winey, when he first started to design this great speaker....used ARC "tubed" equipment.
Zaikes, I loved the "(this month)"!!

All reviewers look for that component that they can splash on everyone. Mostly, this springs from a genuine desire to share your enthusiasm. Knowing Harry, limited as I do, I would honestly expect, in this particular instance, that this is the case. The manufacturer is certainly not ARC-level and the price is not stratospheric, so there seems to be no ulterior motive that is readily apparent. In fact, just the opposite.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no Harry cheerleader (at least not anymore....), but I do respect him (even though he doesn't think so...) and you have give him his due and concede that he is stepping out on a limb here. Is that dangling modifier on the cap issue at the end of the article a case of the all too familiar built-in deniability? (hey, what happened to those Wisdom speakers anyway...?) Is the amp just a foil for him to talk about his next idea on "continuous-ness" and he got carried away on that account? Who knows, but I do know that Harry did tell us about the ARC SP-9 Mk I way back when - and I know that certainly didn't help advert dollars!

Harry likes big sound (KT 88's)and has heard alot of gear. When you hear a lot of gear sometimes a little something in a component that gets something right that you have, just at that point in your listening evolution, been looking for, makes you jump for joy. If he has jumped too high too soon, time will tell.

I'm not a high-watt-KT88-kinda-guy, but I would be very interested what others who get this amp have to say.