What is the best amplifier for Rockport speakers?

I am interested in viewpoints on power amplifiers for Rockport Technology speakers (Merak, Antares or Hyperions).
banpuku
I have used Rockport Syzygys for about ten years now which use a smaller midrange and woofer than the Antares....The Antares seem to be (have only heard them at shows) more musical than my smaller model used full range (I normally use Entec woofers with the Syzygy)....If you want tubes then the Tenors work fine with the Antares, but would go for more power with the Merak/Sheritan or Hyperions....I have had two preamps customers who used the Antares and one liked the Tenors and the other used a Rowland Model 10....
Jtinn,

Could you please tell us about the new Tenor amps coming out?

Thank you
Brad
Brad: The new Tenor amplifiers will be shown at CES in a few weeks. They are 300/600/1200 watts into 8/4/2 homs with aboutt least 6 db of headroom. Although I have not heard them yet, I am told they will sound exactly like the 75 Wp, but with the ability to limitlessly drive any speaker.

Come to CES. We will be showing them with the Kharma's.
Jtinn,

Thank you for the response.

Work is sending me down so I plan on being there. I look forward to meeting you. Have a Happy New Year.

Brad
I love it when an mega buck equipment dealer like Jtinn says sometihing like "Andy Payor himself uses them(Tenor amps) and says he has never heard anything like them before."

Classic argument by assumed authority- Logic 101.

Did Mr.Payor design the Rockport speakers to use the Tenor amps or did he just try and build the best speakers he could?

Banpuku- I suggest you carefully read Mr.Crump's comments and threads if you seek the truth about amps/equipment for the Rockports.

Unlike Jtinn, Mr.Crump builds and designs audio products.

I think you'll find a properly designed speaker like the Rockports, will work well with a number of amps which don't
require a five figure investment.

Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!