Looking for Silent Fan Cooling f my ARC Tube AMP

I have my ARC tube amp in a corner. I like to stick a fan behind it . The one from radio shack worked great but made a little noise. Any suggestions . Thanks to all !
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xweiserb
My VT100s have fans in them. Fairly quiet ones, too. Given the cost of retubing one of those guys, I hope I'm not developing "micro cracks!"

Might check an electronics parts outfit, the fans look like the 5 1/2" ones found in computers. I think they make "whisper" versions that are pretty silent.
I put a Radio Shack fan on top of my Audio research VT 100 MK II and put a variable speed fan potentiometer from Home Depot. This lowered the fan speed and also the noise from the fan. This profect only cost me around $20.00. I put the fan so it blows across the amplifier to circulate the warm air away from the unit. Not blowing directly onto the tubes.
Hope this helps
Kevin
Kevyo is right. You want a low-speed one for two reasons: prevent problems with tubes and low noise. Rogue uses one that is amazingly quiet and you may be able to find out from them what brand it is. And don't blow it direct on the tubes.
Do not allow the fan to blow directly onto the tubes as this will cause microcracks. Place the fan's exhaust away from the amp, which will allow the cool air to be "drawn" into the amp, thus enhancing the natural cooling convection effect to take place.
Yes definitely draw the heat away vs, blowing air into any component, tubed or not. A variac will reduce line voltage to slow down & quiet that fan, but don't use an SCR dimmer (even one for motor control) because they're typically electrically noisy. Lutron may be the exception but I've never tried one.