Best Dark Sounding Amp For Bright Speakers?

What is the best amp to drive Infinity Kappa 8.1"s. I have a VTL TL- 2.5 preamp driving a SS amp but the sound is still bright. Thanks for any input.
mfb33
Oh dear, another audiogon thread meanders hopelessly off topic ....

Here's another suggestion for an over-bright system.
1) Buy a CD walkman and some high-sensitivity headphones.
2) Listen to Metallica VERY LOUD for several months, for at least several hours every day. This will make your ears "break in".
3) Once your ears are "broken in" no system will ever sound harsh or sibilant ever again.
Tsk, tsk, Seandtaylor, there you go investing again! Wear the socks over your ears. Same results.
Curl tried the socks over the ears and even in Berkeley that was too much of a fashion statement.....
why not get a source component that helps alleviate the situation? a bel canto dac is rounded at the top, should help level things off a bit.
rhyno
I have recently heard the Kappa 200 monitors...and they didnt sound bright to me...I dont know how old yours are...
but the 200 is danish made...and struck me as being slightly laid back in character...as far as changing gear...there are 2 options...more tube power...or a more forgiving speaker...ala hi-end british SPendor,Castle,Proac,etc...I too find alot of speakers bright...but the Kappa 200 surprised me....