need opinions on getting out of HT into 2 channel

When I started my stereo's, I thought I would listen to HT more than 2 channel. But now the opposite is true. Recently my 2 channel amp caught on fire, so I have moved my rotel 6 channel in and am using that. I put my denon 2801 up for sale, but am considering selling all of my gear and starting fresh with a good 2 channel system. Here is what I have-

Denon DCM-560 CD Player
Apature Silver Coax Digital Interconnect
Audio Alchemy DTI DA converter
MIT T3 Digital Coax Interconnect
Sony TA-E1000esd Preamplifier
Axiom Loudspeakers M40ti Speaker
Monster Power HTS2000 AC filter
MIT Terminator 3 Digital Interconnect
Sony SCD-CE775 SACD Player
Apature Toslink Optical Cable Interconnect
Proscan DVD Player Video
Phillips S-VHS VCR Video
Sony XBR41 Video
Denon AVR-2801 Surround Pre
MIT 330 Plus Series IC Interconnect
MIT Terminator 2 IC Interconnect
Rotel RB-976 Amplifier
MIT Terminator 2 Speaker Cable Speaker cable
Klipsch KG-4 Monitor
MIT Terminator 4 Speaker cable
Klipsch KV-3 Monitor
Carrol Studio Series Silver Speaker cable
Klipsch KG-1.2 Monitor
Monster Power 2500 AC filter

Of these components what should I sell? I really like the klipsch speakers that I have, but only for HT use. My new apartment is configured in such a way that I really only need one stereo for now.

First off, I am looking to get a "warm and musical" system, I don't really want something that is too detailed and is going to give me a headache. I mainly use CD/SACD, but I would probably get some vinyl (like a MMF 2.1 or something used in the $150-300 range to start).

I currently use the Sony TAE-1000ESD (maybe a tough item to sell) in my 2 channel system. I can either build the system with a integrated or a amp/tae-1000esd.

The integrateds I was looking at were on the top price wise the Krell KAV-300i (much more powerful, maybe someday would like to move toward a little more demanding speaker) to more realistic the Audio Refinement Complete (have heard this with my Axioms and sounded very nice) or Bryston B-60 (like the idea of a 20 year warranty, but have not had the chance to hear a bryston product).

If I kept the Sony (what are people's opinions who have heard this pre or have owned it) and went the amp route ($700 budget), I would be looking at maybe the McCormack line (perhaps a micro drive or the next model up), B&K, Rotel, Aragon, Bryston, or perhaps some type of hybrid tube amp.
pe3046
I have simular set-up (Rotel 976, Klipsch rf-3ii & Paradigm minis)

I would say that you give Mcintosh listen (my personal favorite & will soon own something from them in way of amps\integrateds). Also check out paradigm studio series if you haven't already. The combo sounds outstanding (paradigm & Mcintosh). Can't wait to see what Mcintosh can do for my Klipsch.

Good Luck,
J
Thinks for the suggestions, as I have moved to a new town my local dealer carries some of the products that have been mentioned, so I will do some more studying. Will post back what I end with.

Thanks,
Patrick
I went from HT 5.1 to 2CH stereo. Piece by piece I dismantled the HT system, which I sold to my brother and replaced it with lusher 2CH components (around an Audio Alchemy solid state system at that time). If I were to do it again, I wouldn't start with HT. But if I had a HT, I would still slowly dismantle it as I did previously. Researching and listening to as many componenets along the way as I could.

I started by retaining my old L/R HT fronts, and bought a used preamp, then saved and bought an amp the next month. That worked for a while, then I replaced the CD source. Utimately I was not happy with the speakers. So the advise to start with speakers that you like and build around them is sound advise. It's silly to buy an amp first. You can certainly try buy an lush, warm, high current amp (doubles wattage at each impedance halving) thinking it will drive any speaker you could possibly buy. But even then, as I found, you still won't always have the correct "synergy."