Balanced Audio VK-200....

Lets get some feedback on this baby. I know BAT is known for their tube amps, how do these compare?? If you can describe the sound, please do. I have audio physic Virgos and a VTL 5.5 pre, does anyone think this is a good choice....thanks Mark
mythtrip
I am using a VK500 with a pair of maggie 3.5s, every person who listens tells me it is one of the nicest combinations they have heard. The BAT has excellent control and a silent backround, the maggies truly sing, especially with vocals and jazz trios. You won't be disapointed.
Banksfriend- Thanks for the encouragement, I wasn't doubtful in the combo but it is always nice to here someone else enjoying something very similar to me(the only difference is I will be using 3.6).
The VK-200 is a great amp, with open, extended, smooth highs, very sweet mids, and solid bass control with plenty of power. Great tonality, truthful to all instruments. Absolutely dead quiet, with no annoying transformer hum. I've owned mine for about two years, and now it's fed from the BAT VK-30 with NOS Valvo tubes. My golden eared audio buddy says its highs are the best he has heard, period. I tried twice to wreck the amp by connecting a bad XLR cable (open ground). What a frightening noise! The first time, only blew a rail fuse. Second time, took out the fuse and a resistor. BAT repaired in two days at fair price. Great sound, great design, great service. For the life of me, I can't imagine why people sell them, but they do, and a used one is a great bargain.