Any opinions on NAD quality?

As with nearly all listeners, I believe the NAD sound to be just about the tops for the money expended. However, I have heard reports of quality control issues (nothing specific) to the point of being much worse than other manufacturers. Along with a lot of other audio equipment, I own a NAD c 740 receiver, less than a month old, and so far it's working quite well. Still, I wonder what's ahead.
jdh9
A dealer told me that the big problem was a few years ago when NAD changed factories. Since that time, the dealer says that the problems have been solved.
A dealer would say that. NAD seems to change factories frequently, or else use multiple ones (in different countries). That seems to be part of the problem, and my experience says it has been a recurring one.
I bought an NAD receiver in about 1990 and kept it for about 7 years, even using the preamp section for the last two years when I got a new amp (a long story). The thing never gave me any trouble; I gave it to some friends when I got a new preamp, and they're still using it, trouble free. Has never needed any servicing. Maybe I just got lucky, but I think you're in for many years of hassle-free audio. Enjoy, Mark
Nad sells alot of equipement...so I feel any "lemons" are grossly overexaggerated...but like I stated earlier...I would stick with their amps...as my dealer says..."these never come back"....
I agree with Phasecorrect. NADs amps, however one might judge them sonically, are quality-wise, warhorses. My only complaint has been the skipping issue with the 521i cdp.