6550C vs KT88

I am using Audio Research VT100 Mk2. Thinking about trying the Svetlana KT88 to replace my 6550s. What are the biggest differences between the two? will this cause any kind of electrical problem in my VT100??
Thank you,
a4yayac25d
ARC does not recommend KT88's but I'm not sure why. I've seen people try them with no problems. I had a VT100mkII and its an outstanding amp. I felt it was a little "dry" sounding for a tube amp so I suspect the KT88's might warm it up slightly over the 6550's. On a related note, my CJ amp is inherently warm and sweet with the 6550's and the KT88's didn't sound as good in the CJ amp.... It's all about personal preferences and this is what I found.
I just purchased a second hand ARC CA50. The power tubes in the amp were EL34 instead of 6550C which was, ofcourse, undisclosed. Being a tube newbie, I wasn't able to recognize the power tube isn't 6550C. And, yes, there were electrical problems. $700 dollars later, I learned to stay with 6550C in ARC amps.

I also talked to numerous ARC dealers and Leonard at ARC. They all say using anything but 6550C is to be used at your own risk. The tech that serviced my amp was even more adamant. He claims every tube, driver, input and power, must precisely match.
I also have an ARC CA50 Integrated Amp. I replaced the power tubes with Sovtek KT88's, and the stock 6922's with German RCA NOS Gold Pins.
I biased this configuration at the same settings as the stock. This is absolutely necessary!
I have been running this configuration for about 100 hours now ... and every thing is running so good! The midrange is more liquid and the bass is tighter.
After, listening to this configuration, I swapped the tubes back to the stock ones, rebiased, and listened. I had to go back to the KT88's and RCA Gold Pins ... it was quite evident! This combination makes this good ARC amp an excellent ARC amp ... I would like to hear an integrated that can beat this sound.
I would love to try the Gold Lion KT88's, but they are quite expensive. So, I will be happy for awhile.
I am driving Silverline SR17's in bi-wire mode, and using an Arcam FMJ CD23.