Digital amp beat them all? Audio Physic Strada .

The german magazine Stereoplay has(in its June issue) a review of the new Audio Physic Strada monoblocks.
Like most german audio magazines this has also a preferance for ranking products in a hierarcic manner.
Interestinly, the new monoblocks from Audio Physic gets
60 point (on a scale that end with 63 points), while the
mag´s former reference Krell FPB 650 M gets 59 p.
For your knowledge;Electrocompaniet Nemo gets 58 p, the same as Pass X-350.
Althought the fact that I am sceptical about ranking systems
in Audio,I find it remarkable that a digital amp allready
can compete with some of (what is regarded) as "top-flight"
amps!
The Strada monoblocks has a switched powersupply and some
innovative curcuitry,e.g. it seems to be handling signals
of low amplitude in analog way, and switches over to digital mode for higher amplitudes in some form of bridge
output section. Sorry, my understanding of technical german
isn´t splendid.
They deliver 255 W/each in 8 Ohms, and costs about 15000 Euro a pair.
What do you think? Are digital amps taking over the scene
in the years to come, or will there be a "resistance movement" corresponding to that of CD-anlog?
dinos
why comment. I guess we all have our particular phobias. For nine months I used the Bel Canto EVo 200.2. When used with my Classe' integrated as a preamp, it tended to be just a touch dry. My Cary SLP 2002 solved that slight problem. It also played great detailed bass, but without weight. Mine had a 500VA transformer that I felt was a little less than what a 120wpc amp needed. B&W speakers like their current, so I sold it.
Bel Canto has introduced the EVo2 as it's high current version. 120wpc still, but with a 1500VA transformer. Mine was delivered two weeks ago. What was slightly less than perfect has been remedied. I now have all the highs and midrange of my Cary Rocket 88 (retubed ) with great but not overstated bass.
I'm sure there are some who will still find fault with the EVo2, after all, it's only $2995 retail.YMMV
Rockhead has a good point, just as in other technologies people will prefer one appraoch more than another. This is even more of an issue with what a new (in the big picture of things) approach. While it may not be perfect (what is?) I can't help but believe that there is great promise here (perhaps more so than in any other approach). Next digital cross-overs. Marakanetz, thank you for your explanation, your opionion is valued.
A few corrections.

RIAA equalization has been in use SINCE the 1950s. I believe it was established as the standard for the modern 33rpm LP.

Upsampling will make no difference to bass .. its aim is to ease the implementation of the brick wall filter which prevents aliasing distortion, according to Nyquist's theory of sampled signals.

The mechanics of sampling and quantizing a signal introduces quantization noise and limits the upper frequencies (due to aliasing distortion) but it does not selectively remove details or harmonics. Digital equipment also has practical limitations (jitter, DAC non-linearity) which are worth discussion.

In summary ...
We all have a preference for the sound of analogue or digital .. personally I like both in different ways, at different times and in different moods. But please, don't pretend you know what you're talking about technically when you clearly do not. It helps nobody. DOes anyone have a link to how digital amps work ? I'm interested to know.
Whatever there are pros or cons about digital amps/preamps, I'm damn sure that this new high-tech is now mega-overpriced and in most of the cases still "factors out" leaving one on the nominator and the classic analogue amps/preamps in denominator.
Do your algebra instead of reading or listening to the reviews and factor out extra zeros :)
Well Dinos .... you question is answered. There will be much resistance due to the general hocus-pocus explanations of why digital must be bad "and so I won't even bother to audition" attitude.

For me I'd rather get a $1k integrated and pay off the house ... so it will have to get a lot cheaper. But I'm very interested in it. Audio Physic has a good reputation to lose, so I'm sure they've researched it.