Classe compared to the Theta Dreadnaught

I am not an audiophile and putting my first real HT system together. I understand that you usually can not compare a $4000 amp to a $6500 amp. How much better is the Dreadnaught? I have not been able to compare them but hope to do so. I have limited funds so spending an additional $1400 dollars to buy a used Dreadnut vs a Classe is an important decision. Thanks
P.S. For what its worth, based on speaking with Classe the CAV-180 is not really comparable to the CAV- 150. Thanks.
flash_g_man
The Theta Dreadnaught has gotten outstanding reviews by a very wide range of audio reviewers -- infact, in the current issue of "The Absolute Sound", this amp is chosen for two of the "recommended systems" in the $50,000 range. The critics' concensus on this amp is that it is among the 3-4 best multichannel amps for both HT and music.
What speakers and associated gear are you using?
I personally like both the amps, and think they do exellent jobs respectively. Depending on your gear, and especially for the money, the Classe is excellent stuff. I have extensive experience with both line of amps, and can say high things about them.
The Classe line isn't the strongest line of amps out there, power-wise(even though ratings say otherwise), so I'd go with at least 6 ohm or higher speakers for mulitchannel. Never the less, with any amp/speaker for HT, you should be crossing over at 80hz anyway, and letting powered subs handle bellow that.
SD -
Did it mention the other 3-4 top of the class 5 channel amps? Surely my Cal Audio CL-2500 wasn't mentioned, people just don't know how good this amp is.
Thanks,
Dan