Mosfet amps A true compromise betw. tubes and SS?

I heard from several people that Mosfet SS amps are a nice compromise between tubes and SS amps.
There is one manufacturer in particular I am interested
http://www.wbe-audio.de,s croll down to Fusion 700 (its a German made amp, but he has an English web page) who calls his hybrid amp a Mono tube mosfet amp.
I would really appreciate if someone who has more insight would tell me a bit more of advantages and shortcomings of this design and if the claim: "sound of tubes with power of SS" is true or not. Also I would like to know if these are fast amps, as I plan to maybe use them with my ML Prodigy, should the Wolcott amps, I bought recently, not work satisfactorily.
tekunda
Very intersting points of view here. I predict, however, that you will like the Wolcott/Prodigy combination. I borrowed a friend's Wolcotts and they were superb running the CLS's in my Mini-Statement system. I understand that the Atmasphere's are even more sympatico with big esl's.
If MOS FETs are so superior, why would AYRE, who used them in their earlier amps, now prefer bipolars for their latest design? Which sound pretty good, at least in a store audition.

MOS-FETS, bipolars -- listen to each amp and judge it on its own merits. The circuit design and parts make the biggest difference. I certainly wouldn't buy a MOS FET amp based on how much the designer brags about his own creation.

For my taste, tubes are where it's at.......As far as being colored and slow -- NO WAY, JOSE. I hear more detail and realness from my tubes than I hear from any solid state amp.
Nelson Pass Amps .Try this link you can get answers directly from Nelson Pass himself and even build your own Pass designed amp .http://www.passdiy.com/amps.htm
Listen to Chaz. Speaking of Pass, I enjoy both tube and Mosfet worlds the economical way. This is how: First get a solid state amp with the least signature. My choice is the Pass X. The guys at Pass Labs told me the X amps are on the lean side (and so they came up with the class A XA). I humbly disagree. The X amp is so transparent to the incoming signal (check the Pass Labs site to see why), that you can taylor the music any way you want with your front end. I use a cd player with a tube power stage. After a bit of tube rolling, I have landed the sweetest (tube) sound with all the black back ground, world class dynamics and bass control of a Mosfet powered amp.
I have to disagree with Muralman1 about Pass X. I think these amps are indeed relatively lean in the midrange compared to some other amps, certainly to certain tube amps or hybrid amps. I'm talking "body" in vocals, "wood" in cellos, "resonance" in piano middle registers, and so on, especially when the reference sound is the real thing. The Pass X series is a very clean and well-made amp, but is leaner than the Aleph. I've noticed its lean midrange character even when using tube preamps and tubed CD players to feed it.