OK to place amp on top of subwoofer?

I would like to place my classe CA-100 amp on top of my large Velodyne HGS-18 sub to save space. Will the vibrations harm the amp? Also, will the amp pick up unwanted noise from the sub? Thanks!
musicmannj
I think that with the weight of an amp on them and vibration eminating directly below the bearings, the bearings would effectively couple the vibrations to the amp. I would think that using something that had a high absorption / damping factor would be more effective. Just a guess though with a lot of room for error. Sean
>
YAUD (yet another useful discussion)! After reading your input, I realized that though my sub crossover/amp is separate from the speaker cabinet, I have had it sitting on top of the speaker with just hard rubber feet. I happened to have two sets of Vibrapods in a drawer, so I put all eight under the amp. Immediate improvement in bass definition (either that or my imagination is getting carried away). Thanks all!
just put a piece of foam under the amp and dont worry about it. i have done it several times. you will not hear any difference in sound and the foam will absorb any vibration. some of these people on here know just a little to much. enjoy
10-4 Sean. Good take Danner, and I agree if it has to be done, using a de-coupling approach would probably be best, ie the Vibrapods. There is a good reason Steve McCormack put 6 large Sorbothane-like feet on his 90 lb. DNA2 amp. Cheers, Craig
Post removed