Problems with proposed transactions?

What percentage of proposed transactions run into problems because the seller misrepresented the product? Are there more problems with individual sellers or dealers? I'm not interested in particular names (and audiogon doesn't want anyone to point to particular parties) just impressions if there are more problems with one type of seller.
biscayne
what, pray tell, is a "proposed transaction"? sounds to me like a recipe for failure. you either have a transaction or you don't. if you communicate intelligently with a seller or buyer, you should be able to avoid any and all problems. something happen here that has chaffed your thighs? -cfb
Just trying to avoid a bad situation. Seems that there are quite a few transactions where problems developed. It gives the appearance that there is more than a fair share of unethical dealing going on.
I've never bought or sold anything that was misrepresented; I've always received the item as described and if anything the condition was better than advertised. 'Philes are fussy and tend to baby their toys, it's rare you'll see stuff banged up. Transactional frustrations on the buying end are priamrily shipping related: insist on NO UPS and the seller sends it by UPS anyway, poorly packaged stuff due to the seller being too lazy or cheap to package it up properly. Selling frustrations are primarily low ball offers, it's amazing the slime out there. I can live with the inane questions but the ridiculous offers (and the tone in which they are presented) are offensive.