Best used amp for around 500

I'm am desperately trying to upgrade from a Denon AVR-3300 receiver. Looking for a stereo amp for the fronts. I'm entertaining the idea of a five channel amp, but I don't yet have DVD-Audio or SACD, and money is an issue. The receiver is fine for movies, but for music...well, it won't do. I'm currently running Acoustic Energy Aegis 3's for the fronts - silk dome tweets, pretty warm, laid back sound. Any suggestions?
dklap
i ended up buying a used ODL (same as original odyssey stratos - long story, check the web). anyway, i'm having it upgraded and tweaked by klaus, the owner of odyssey. it sounds wonderful, and will sound even better when i get it back. it did hum a bit, but we'll see what odyssey can do in their transformation of the amp into a true stratos.

now i'm looking for a good multichannel so when i ditch the receiver and buy a new home theater processor (unfortunately, the system needs to perform both duties) i'll still have power. any suggestions here? better to go the 3 channel route? or a bridgeabel 4, 5, or 6 channel so i can add speakers later?

there's a parasound hca-806 for sale, but it only bridges 4 of the 6 channels. if i go that route, i'll bridge one set for the center, and have two dormant channels waiting around for a a couple rear center speakers....options, options.

You can probably find a used McCormack DNA-0.5 for around that price, and you have the flexibility to have it modded through SMcAudio by Steve McCormack in the future if you want to turn it into a real killer amp. Best of luck.

Tim
For quite awhile I went with a Sim I-5080 integrated and Denon 1801 combo. I'd recommend using the approach defined above if you want an integrated system .. using an IC from the receiver pre-outs to an input on the integrated. I'd also suggest you get an integrated that has an HT through-put input .. it worked very well for me (I've since moved on to tubes/separates).

steve