Why do no audio enthusiasts use McIntosh?

With the exception of some of there tube gear, not many really use this stuff(or admit to it anyway), I am mainly referring to there amps. They look pleasant, they look good on paper and have the price of high end gear, but I seldom hear anyone claiming to like or one day dreaming of owning McIntosh. I have never really listened to there stuff, no good word of mouth sort of scares me away from it, the only people who like it are those who sell it, an uncanny coincidence? I don’t know. Sorry it this has been covered many times in the past, I ran a search and could not find anything.
tireguy
I am an audio enthusiast and use Mcintosh...I am not sure what percentage of audiophiles statistically speaking falls into the "don't like camp"; however, there are a substantial amount of people, including myself, that just happen to like the sound. Having gone through Mark Levinson, Krell, Bryston, and Octave, the current MC2301's amps are a keeper.

All I can say is that other people's opinions, impressions, or thoughts are not detractors to my own listening pleasure. I research, listen, and carefully tune all of my rooms to allow for optimal listening, no matter what the equipment. I guess I am not as fussy as other people and would rather listen to music instead of lambast other people's equipment.
I keep coming back to this thread like getting stuck on a bad movie. I have been a longtime content owner of 501 monoblocks.

It is peculiar that some of the most vocal do not bother posting their systems on here for those who could learn more about their journey, matching components, cables, etc...especially us Mcintosh non enthusiast audio lovers.

Pictures tell a story, when you depend on prose, especially in an anonymous public forum it can be challenging weeding through the BS.
Bsimpson, you're talking about equipment that is at, or near 50 years old.

What would anybody expect from such? Who was around back then to compare, Levinson, Krell, ARC, Pass Labs, Accuphase, Burmester, etc etc.

It's like you are saying, I onwed a 40 year old Sansui 7 Reciever, and was not impressed with it driving my Wilson Grand Slamms.

Lot's of snobbsh "esoteric" BS being pedalled around here for over 12 straight years.

Go audition an MC-452, or a pair of MC-601's, MC-2301's then tell us what you think?
Twb2, I wonder where that guy gets his money. I doubt he made that kind of money selling audio gear. And yes, they will ban you in a New York minute.