Help - amplifier matching problems

I own a pair of Aerial 7Bs and am using a BAT VK-30 as a pre-amp, a Theta Miles CD player and a Classe CA-100 amp (100wpc into 8). I love the sound except for the bass, which is a bit fat and not taught enough. Thinking that I needed more power, I purchased a Krell KAV-250a (250wps into 8). After letting the Krell burn in for 100 hours, I did a side by side. The results, I miss the Classe midrange. The Krell clearly controls the bass, does not have that "tube" coloration and is much more powerful. However, it sounds cold and I believe the soundstage dramatically disappears. Can anyone suggest a good match, or should I keep the Classe and get more efficient speakers? Thanks in advance.
robk
Right on Sean!

I have been visiting Audigon forums daily for over three months. I had no idea that Jtinn was a dealer or connected to audio in any way.

To me, the average Joe, it is apalling for anyone involved in selling audio products not disclose their affiliations if they post on these boards.

Ethics are important. It is just a shame that some people put the "almighty dollar" ahead of their ethics.
Try a pass labs x-1 or x-2 preamp, tube-like w/o tubes. Then upgrade to a pass labs x-150 or 250.
I agree that it is highly unethical for Jtinn NOT to disclose his business interest in certain products. It is one thing for him to steer potential buyers within his store, where his biases are obvious, but another matter altogether when it is done in the anonymity of the web I do not agree, however, that the personal preferences of individuals without such commercial interests are in any way comparable. I assume that such choices were instead made after careful listening to a variety of competing components, getting recommendations from friends, and perhaps reading reviews (although many "critics" are hardly free from commercial influence). The investment represented by an informed purchase simply is not the same thing as the motivation to make a buck!
Sean: This sounds more like a personal witch hunt you are on than anything else. You are attempting to gather up a lynch mob and create hate. You need to find a better use of your time. What is with all this "WE" stuff in the "ethics" thread?

I have been on Audiogon for at least as long as you have and most of that time has been ONLY as a user. I just recently got "INTO" the business and your accusations are insulting and childish. If you were "ETHICAL" and had any questions, you could have directed them privately to me and I certainly would have answered any of your questions with absolute honesty. I think you are enjoying the "spotlight" with your poor "detective work" and I certainly question your motives.

I do recommend products that I am affiliated with, but I also recommend other products that I feel deserve it that I do not sell. I am extremely passionate about the products that I carry as well as those I do not and have chosen those I carry very carefully, for one reason... they are worthy. I listen to more products than most people get to hear and have had more equipment through my listening room than most reviewers get to evaluate. I do not consider myself the most technically knowledgable person, but I do have what many consider to be a good ear. I call it the way I hear it, whether I sell it or not.

Most people who sell something on Audiogon are generally getting rid of it because they either do not like it, or have heard something better. If it were not so, wouldn't they keep it? Are their ethics in question when they state how good it is in their ads? Who are you to point a finger? Maybe we should look at you with a microscope and make unfounded accusations based on immediate appearances.

Most people know that I do have an affiliation and have no problem with my statements here. You used the terms "We", quite freely in the "ethics" thread. Are you the self appointment voice of the impoverished here on Audiogon? Ever hear of Joseph McCarthy?

I think you have blown this totally out of proportion and should rethink your accusations. It is very irresponsible. Your reference to me personally as a "manipulative rat" on the other thread, certainly shows your true colors and should agin have people questioning your motives.

Facts:

1. My "Tenor thread" started before my affiliation with them.

2. I have no idea who TomThompson is and your accusation is false. Maybe you should investigate that further with Audiogon before you cast aspersions.

3. My affiliation with "Chambers Audio" came after I built a website for Jim and long after I bought quite a bit of equipment from him.

4. Do not flatter yourself as far as the chambersaudio.com website being down. There is an OS change being done and that is all. It will be back up this afternoon.

6. I do not sell anything to anyone I do not like or cannot become friends with. I am unlike any dealer you have ever met or dealt with. My customers are my friends first and customers second.

5. I am in this for the love of audio. I have enough money from other ventures that keeps this purely a fun hobby and a way for me to stay closer to my passion. If I do not "sell" any product this year, it does not effect me in any way. I am proud of what I do and make no apologies to anyone about it, other than if it caused anyone grief, which I seriously doubt.

You have detracted from this site with your pettiness and poor attempts at "destroying" me and my reputation. I am sure this is not the type of thing that the creators of Audiogon had in mind when they created these forums.

Sean, I have read your threads for quite sometime and although I do not agree with you all the time, you had my respect. Certainly you have lost that.
Post removed