What Does Holographic Sound Like?

And how do you get there? This is an interesting question. I have finally arrived at a very satisfying level of holography in my system. But it has taken a lot of time, effort and money to get there. I wish there had been a faster, easier and less expensive way to get there. But I never found one.

Can you get to a high level of holography in your system with one pair of interconnects and one pair of speaker wires? I don't believe so. I run cables in series. I never found one pair of interconnects and speaker wires that would achieve what has taken a heck of a lot of wires and "tweaks" to achieve. Let alone all the power cords that I run in series. Although I have found one special cable that has enabled the system to reach a very high level of holography -- HiDiamond -- I still need to run cables in series for the sound to be at its holographic best.

There are many levels of holography. Each level is built incrementally with the addition of one more wire and one more "tweak". I have a lot of wires and "tweaks" in my system. Each cable and each "tweak" has added another level to the holography. Just when I thought things could not get any better -- which has happened many times -- the addition of one more cable or "tweak" enabled the system to reach a higher level yet.

Will one "loom" do the job. I never found that special "loom". To achieve the best effects I have combined cables from Synergistic Research, Bybee, ASI Liveline, Cardas, Supra and HiDiamond -- with "tweaks" too numerous to mention but featuring Bybee products and a variety of other products, many of which have the word "quantum" in their description.

The effort to arrive at this point with my system has been two-fold. Firstly, finding the right cables and "tweaks" for the system. Secondly, finding where to place them in the system for the best effects -- a process of trial and error. A lot of cables and "tweaks" had to be sold off in the process. I put "tweaks" in quotation marks because the best "tweaks" in my system have had as profound effect as the components on the sound. The same for the best of the cables, as well. For me, cables and "tweaks" are components.

Have I finally "arrived"? I have just about arrived at the best level that I can expect within my budget -- there are a couple of items on the way. In any case, I assume there are many levels beyond what my system has arrived at. But since I'll never get there I am sitting back and enjoying the music in the blissful recognition that I don't know what I am missing.

I should mention that there are many elements that are as important as holography for the sound to be satisfying, IMO. They include detail, transparency, coherence, tonality, and dynamics, among others. My system has all of these elements in good measure.

Have you had success with holographic sound in your system? If so, how did you get there?
sabai
Bryoncunningham,
Well, to tell you the truth, I agree completely with your statement that "This idea is crazy."

Let's examine carefully Geoffkait's statement: "What you are hearing is a distorted, compressed, noisy facsimile of what is actually coming from the speakers."

Distorted by what?
Compressed by what?
A facsimile that comes from what source?

Geoffkait's statement is what I would call GOBBLEDYGOOK. Plain and simple. Nonsense talk.
What we have here is failure to communicate. Do you not think I realize my statements are new and provocative? Do you think I have not seen the same knee jerk reactions many times in the past. Grown men who have been in this hobby develop their own belief systems based on what they experience and to a certain extent what they read. Obviously we do not all reach the conclusions about a variety of things, that's just how things are. The reason why there is such *polarization* on a number of subjects in this hobby, e.g., cables, fuses, directionality of wire, cryogenics as well as the ones related to Belt products, or my products for that matter, and mind matter interaction is most likely due to the simple fact that we believe what we chose to believe. In addition, there does seem to be a very strong resistance to any idea that is not "normal". It's ironic that the subject of this thread, Holographic Sound, is itself controversial. Hel-looo! Most people have never really heard Holographic Sound. Many people in the industry including some senior reviewers either minimize its importance or deny its existence.

Sabai, The Red X Coordinate Pen has no relation *whatsoever* to any pens used for CDs, green, black, whatever, that you might be familiar with. It is nothing so, uh, mundane. The Red X Pen is an demonstration of some of the concept I've been try to get across that seems to have fallen on deaf ears, or closed ears - that the sound you hear is easily influenced by phenomena that have nothing whatsoever to do with the power to the wall, the audio signal anywhere in system, or the acoustic waves in the room...or how you hook your cable together! You completely missed the point of my posting the review of the Red X Pen and its significance to this discussion. As I said, we believe what we chose to believe. Sabai, if you don't object too much to my saying so, it's ironic and bizarre that you would attack someone who is presenting unusual ideas when you, yourself, are presently unusual ideas. Cables in series, indeed. Hel-loooo! Lol

Cheers, everyone

Geoff Kait
Machina Dynamica
We Do Artificial Atoms Right
Sabai wrote,

"Let's examine carefully Geoffkait's statement: "What you are hearing is a distorted, compressed, noisy facsimile of what is actually coming from the speakers."

Distorted by what?
Compressed by what?
A facsimile that comes from what source?

Geoffkait's statement is what I would call GOBBLEDYGOOK. Plain and simple. Nonsense Talk."

Sabai, the reason the sound is (relatively) distorted and compressed and noisy is because of the influence of the immediate environment on your sense of hearing. Somewhat analogous to radio frequency interference affecting the performance of a sensitive receiver. But everything is relative so I can certainly understand your objection to someone saying the sound of your system is not all that you think it is. Let me give you some examples. If you remove all CDs from the room you should notice the sound improves quite a bit. That is because the CDs (media) themselves are bad for the sound. So are LPs, DVDs, cassettes. This is an example of how things in the immediate environment affect the sound you hear.

More examples: If you remove all *unused* components and speakers and cables from the room, if they are just lying around, you should notice that the sound gets a lot better. That's because those items are inherently bad for the sound. If you have any flowers or plants in the room, remove them and you will find the sound improves. If you have magazines and books In the room, take them out of the room. Same with all batteries. These are some common examples of what I'm referring to. There are many others.

Cheers
Geoff

Most everything you mentioned are passive radiators that re transmit energy in the physical and acoustic environment. Nothing new to grasp there. When you remove a potted plant in clay or brass from a room and you say there is a net gain in perception , is that gain because the inorganic material or the organic material was removed from that area? Tom

09-29-12: Geoffkait
...the reason the sound is (relatively) distorted and compressed and noisy is because of the influence of the immediate environment on your sense of hearing. Somewhat analogous to radio frequency interference affecting the performance of a sensitive receiver. But everything is relative so I can certainly understand your objection to someone saying the sound of your system is not all that you think it is. Let me give you some examples. If you remove all CDs from the room you should notice the sound improves quite a bit. That is because the CDs (media) themselves are bad for the sound. So are LPs, DVDs, cassettes. This is an example of how things in the immediate environment affect the sound you hear.
This isn't an explanation. It's merely a restatement of the same idea.

You are a puzzle, Geoff. You are obviously intelligent, and you seem to understand how you are perceived. Yet you persist in being evasive when asked direct questions. It is partly for that reason that, in the past, I concluded that you don't really believe the things you say.

But lately I've begun to doubt that conclusion. It's become increasingly clear to me that you may actually believe the things you say. But if you do, then why be evasive? Why not answer questions directly, thoroughly, and sincerely? IMO, that would silence a significant fraction of your detractors, including this one.

Bryon