Transformers .. Is It Just Me?

I have 2 line conditioners in my system in series -- the SR PowerCell 10SE Mark II (according to Ted_d's information, thanks) plugged into a Bybee Stealth. Frankly, with my recent experience with an isolation transformer, if I had to do it all over again I would have made different choices. I think I could have had a lot more bang for my buck. Let's just say that the Bybee Stealth made it worthwhile.

After experimenting with a lot of Bybee products I have come to the conclusion that it is hard to do too much AC cleaning. Lately, I have been doing research into balanced conditioners, isolation transformers and power regenerators. Since I live overseas it would cost an arm and a leg to have one of those mammoth balanced transformers shipped over -- not to mention the cost of the item. This is beyond my budget. So I have been looking at relatively inexpensive "alternatives". I cannot afford a balanced conditioner or balanced isolation transformer at the moment so I decided to gamble on a relatively inexpensive medical grade isolation transformer.

I found what I thought might be a good choice on Ebay. (I also found an inexpensive power regenerator. That's a story that will have to wait for another thread.) I just put this isolation transformer into my system and have been doing some A/B-ing. I have read where non-balanced transformers will have minimal effect -- but I did read (I lost the thread) where one Audiogon poster was not convinced of this. My initial experience -- is it just me? This is amazing. The holographic effect with this unit in my system is astonishing. This is unmistakable. When I unplug the unit the air around instruments and vocalists is gone. The sound is still holographic but it is not the same at all.

OK, the unit has a hum due to the internal fan. But with all but very low volume I cannot detect it. I'll have to work on damping the hum. Has anyone else had a positive experience with a medical grade isolation transformer? My unit was made in Germany by Block, by a top maker of transformers. It weighs about 40 lbs. and the toroidal is encased in resin. Do different medical transformers give different results?
sabai
I just bought 3 more used Olympus Isolation transformers.So that will give me 4 total to work with. The Plan is to use one before my Synergistic Powercell and the other 3 after the Powercell thus isolating the digital from the Analog and home theater components.
The Power Amps will still be on there own dedicated circuit.
Ozzy,
Wow, that's a lot of isolation. Did you get good results with the first one?
I haven't got it yet. So we shall see.

Each and every time I have improved my AC to some extent there has been an improvement in audio and video.
Beit, dedicated lines , power cords, power conditioners, outlets and / covers, crystals, noise destoyers, Nordost products, and etc.
So, I'm hoping for some improvement. The cost is minimal to what I have invested.
Ozzy,
Go for it. Nothing ventured nothing gained. I'll be very interested in hearing from you on this.
Well, I received one of the Iso medical grade Transformers yesterday.
I have it installed before my Synergistic Powercell into a dedicated 20 Amp circuit. All of my equipment (video and Audio) is plugged into the SR Powercell except the Amps.

Now, this is a brand new unit straight out of the box. The other 3 units will arrive next week and they are used units.

First impression, the sounds does sound quite a bit cleaner, deeper and clearer. But, there is a sharp hardness to the sound. I believe this is because it’s brand new, consisting of new power cord, new outlets, new transformer, new electronics and etc. It will take time to settle in. But even at this point, I believe it’s a keeper.

On my LCD TV the picture is quite a bit sharper, the colors don't seem as vibrant but the image is very defined. For example, on the Fox program "The Five" I could see just how much caked on makeup Kimberly Guidfold uses.

So, I'm going to let it break in a while, and then soon I will have the other used units for isolation of my Digital, Analog and Home theater equipment and see how all this develops.

Thank you Sabai for starting this thread.