What is "low ball"

A lot of ads say something to the effect "no lowballers please". So I'm curious what people think is "lowball".

I'm looking for a percentage from people. I'm thinking less than 75% of asking price is where "low ball" kicks in, but I'm interested in what the general consensus is (if there is one).
jaxwired
If I bought a car I would know the price I could realistically get it for when I arrive. It's called doing your homework. I guess getting offended one time out of the many negotiations I have had should immediately diqualify me from participating in them any more. I just avoid the bottom line question and ask the buyer to make an offer. It's funny that you found my, and others, taking offense offensive yourself. I mean you found my initial comment "so foreign to me that I don't know how to respond." Yet you did and have over and over. It could be inferred from your logic that you shouldn't participate in this type of thread anymore. AMEN!
AMEN! You make sense, but if he stops now the funs over. Cars take some homework but it's well worth it.
01-02-11: Polk432
when I was working, and have been lucky enough NEVER to have paid retail for anything in my life. NEVER will either. I'll go without as long as I have to, but cash is still King and the sellers will finally give in. I'm happy

Enough said!

02-03-12: Polk432
If a buyer thinks they can pay whatever they want, then step up to the plate and pay retail...unless you don't have enough to be in the hobby to begin with.

He said it...

02-04-12: Polk432 I'm still standin.

California, don't bother recording that little tremor. It was just Polk432 hitting the canvas in Florida...
Again, a deal that is good for both parties is usually a good deal. I still have a much better position through honest dealings than most people that want things for free. Why can't lowball losers just figure out that they can't have everything, anymore than a person that can pay as they go? As you can see by my comments it goes both ways. I purchased 4 new Mustangs in 8 years, and did not get the deal I wanted on car 3, so I paid a little more to another dealer and you can bet your boots when I bought car 4 I got a much better price than both. I will still not cater to a lowballer. I can afford a non sale and a purchase after anyway. Don't be mad just because can't. Best of luck.
Again, a deal that is good for both parties is usually a good deal. I still have a much better position through honest dealings than most people that want things for free. Why can't lowball losers just figure out that they can't have everything, anymore than a person that can pay as they go? As you can see by my comments it goes both ways. I purchased 4 new Mustangs in 8 years, and did not get the deal I wanted on car 3, so I paid a little more to another dealer and you can bet your boots when I bought car 4 I got a much better price than both. I will still not cater to a lowballer. I can afford a non sale and a purchase after anyway. Don't be mad just because you can't. Best of luck.