Do you believe in Magic?

Audio Magic, that is.

Let's say that Magic is any effect not explainable by known physical laws. Every audiophile is familiar with debates about Audio Magic, as evidenced by endless threads about power cables.

I recently had an experience that made me question my long held skepticism about Magic. On a whim, I bought some Stillpoints ERS Fabric. I installed it in my preamp (which is filled with noisy digital circuitry) and a reclocker (also noisy) and...

Something happened. I don't know what exactly, but something. Two things in particular seemed to change... the decay of notes, and instrument timbres. Both changed for the better. But where did this change occur? In my listening room? Or in my mind?

If the change was in my listening room, then Magic exists. If the change was in my mind, then Magic does not exist.

One of the great Ideological Divides in audio is the divide between Believers and Skeptics. I honestly don't know if I'm a Believer or a Skeptic.

Do you believe in Magic?

Bryon
bryoncunningham
03-05-12: Geoffkait
Quantum Mechanics is used deliberately by manufacturers to cover up a more mundane, conventional explanation, to protect their invention. Maybe the Bybee device is only a resister. Lol

I'm surprised to hear you say this, Geoff, as the word 'quantum' occurs in several places on your website Machina Dynamica. For example, about your Teleportation Tweak, you say this...

The Teleportation Tweak is a phenomenal new product discovered and developed by Machina Dynamica for improving audio and video systems remotely over long distances. The fundamental principles of operation of The Teleportation Tweak are QUANTUM teleportation and mind-matter interaction. The details of how The Teleportation Tweak works are the proprietary property of Machina Dynamica.

I find it puzzling that you are unwilling to extend the benefit of the doubt to another manufacturer when you have repeatedly asked the audiophile community to extend the benefit of the doubt to you and to the products of Machina Dynamica.

Bryon
I believe there are significant differences.

Regarding marketing, if a manufacturer is trying to be deliberately obscure when describing a product there may be various reasons for this. This does not mean that the product is not effective, ipso facto. In my opinion.
Byron C - I'm afraid you misquoted me. What I actually said was,

"the word Quantum automatically provokes a response, as if Quantum Mechanics is used deliberately by manufacturers to cover up a more mundane, conventional explanation, to protect their invention."

See the difference?

No quarter asked, none given, I always say.
Does anyone really believe the teleportation tweek can work? Sorry, off topic a bit, but I can't help it. P.T Barnum anyone?
since we are already in the magic and quantum realm:

http://www.nathanmarciniak.com/elemental/