About synergy?

Many audiophiles believe in using cables and electronics as corrective devices. The other side thinks keep all your equipment with the same sonic flavor, otherwise you will more then likely end up with an audible mess. Some even think it's a given to match your source(cartridge/cd player)with the same sonics of your speakers. I stray slightly to the same sonics camp, but i'm very curious what others have to say about synergy.
dayglow
I once visited an audiophile who had all the right equipment, but was not getting the Class A sound he should have been getting. The only thing that I saw was his patchwork assortment of interconnects, all good but different.

With so many different philosophies by the cable companies in regard to interconnects, many different kinds has to be a bad thing. Imagine traveling on a different kind of highway every ten miles. I'm a firm believer of consistent interconnects.

Synergy is when the sum of the parts is greater than the whole, which has been a matter of luck for me; but if someone has the knowledge to put it together intentionally, they will get big bang for the buck.
Not to derail the thread completely.... But I tend to agree with many postings on here, about being uninformed. And just plain crazy.
Hang out with some hobbyists at a shop sometime-- it will floor you what can come out of their mouths...

I've been snippy in my posts sometimes as well--- the absurd ideas just need to be silenced...and by more intelligent folks than I. I don't know why I post sometimes...

For example , a guy, obviously mismatching gear, called the new Rega Brio bright... Which it is far from... Or someone questioned the quality of the new Rega DAC's RCA jacks... They're standard... What does he want? Fancy wbt's on a $995 unit?

Anyway, I love to hear a "synergistic" system, whether it means all the same manufacturer, like an all naim or rega system, or pieced together making informed decisions on what works best together in a room...

From the Greek--- "working together"..

Now split hairs and stroke yourselves all you want.
Since this thread appears derailed I will try to get it back on track. Even if you hate the term synergy, realize it's the most important task when assembling a HEA system. I believe this topic deserves further discussion(not name calling). Thanx for the previous posts, many have been very interesting and informative.
Since this question is related to synergy I thought might as well open an older thread instead of creating a new one. Will you get synergy using two of the same premier power cords plugged into a dedicated line when lesser cords are used on source equipment? One cord is plugged into an amp, the other to a non filtering power strip.