Are the CD'S days numbered?

Ford will no longer put CD players in new cars. Are they going the way of cassette and 8 track?
128x128yogiboy
Lloydelee21,

Here's to hoping that the labels 'better angels in nature' see the potential and market for this. I've got a Trent Reznor NIN remastered CD that goes a long way towards making it listenable. There are so many CDs out there, begging for a new lease on life. Lets hope its not too costly.
Used cds will probably be available for at least the next 100 years if they can last that long. As for new releases..who knows? Anyway, I try to buy as few of them as possible especially new. And I go for Japanese. In my experience they are always better than anything else, always.
CD's are better than scratchy records, except when I have to pay $35. for a scratchy record because that's the only way I can get the music. As far as their days, they'll be around for a long time.
I am afraid so: anybody who has listened to a good computerbased system properly set up will move over. I have just scrapped my AudioAero Capitole MkIISE with modified output stages in favor of a mach2music system through Zodiac Gold + Voltikus. I tried the mac via SPDIF on the Audioaero and got a quantum increase in resolution and sound density. Moving to the Zodiac via USB2.0 and using memory play, upsampled to 176.4 Khz in hogmode opens not just a curtain but puts you right into the concert hall.
While the ripping is a pain, I don't see an alternative