Designer Hall of Fame

There are many great designers out there, and especially in the lore from the golden age, but I'm not to familiar with them. I thought it might be interesting to discuss some of the great designers for engineering skill and knowledge, business integrity, and ultimatley quality of their products. My short list a "hall of fame" if you will of designers working today are:

Nelson Pass, Pass Labs
Charles Hansen, Ayre
Roger Modjeski, Music Reference
Ken Stevens, Convergent Audio Technolgy (CAT)
Kevin Hayes, VAC

and how could I leave Jeff Rowland off? Well it is a short list. Who would you nominate?
pubul57
J. B. Lansing

Peter Jensen (reportedly, the inventor of the loudspeaker)

Scott Nixon -first US tube DAC

Peter Daniels - Audio Sector

Steve Nugent - Empirical Audio

Nelson Pass from Pass Labs is clearly most notorious but it seems that none have mentioned
Flemming E. Rasmussen - Gryphon
Jacques Mahul - JM Lab
Ken Ishiwata – Marantz Signature
Arthur Loesch

In the 1980's, he was principally responsible for resurrecting the low-powered, single-ended triode (SET) amp and high-efficiency speaker from obscurity. When many designers were simply reworking classic circuits from the 1930's-50's, he was one of the few people to actually come up with an an original concept for phono reproduction using the WE417A (or Nuvistor) front end.

Art's still active, but is not as well known today as he was when Joe Roberts was publishing Sound Practices, where his designs were regularly discussed.
Maybe I'm not reading close enough, but I don't see Mr. Marantz on the list and he certainly should be. There isn't a tube circuit designer out there that doesn't owe some portion of their success to him and his work in amplifier design. You might be able to say the same for someone like Avery Fisher or Hermon Scott as well. It's these gentlemen's circuit designs and innovations that have driven most of the electronics in the modern audio world. You could certainly make a case for some of the early circuit designers that came before these, but their work appears to me to be the focal point between what some consider "electronic hobby", and the high end we understand today...
Ikeda-san for the Fidelity Research cartridges and pickup arms.
Ikeda-san for the Mark Levinson cartridge (MLAS) before he went EMT.
Ikeda-san for the Rowland Complement cartridges.
Ikeda-san for his own line of "moving coil Deccas" and pick up arms.
If he is no longer with us I wish him well. He made the best cartridges, a cantilever-less moving coil!