A tale of WAF

A buddy of mine just installed a rather refrigerator sized Bagend Speakers the other day. It was quite hilarious hearing him trying trying to explain these are great becasue we can play are music through them on music night and just plug everything in the mixer and it will be awesome!

Her instant response in the beginning in these words. We can play music through a smaller speaker!!

He works in the home theater install trade part time and completely cracked up learning that there was a term in audio that kills system quicker than surges, blown woofers, and exploding amps the almighty WAF.
128x128systembuilder
My wife never liked the size of my Wilson Audio's but didn't complain much. When I got the urge to try something new, she jumped at the chance to express her desire for something smaller. After a lot of thought, I got some stand mounted monitors that we are now happy with. It took a long time to adjust to the downgrade, but she was very right about the Wilsons taking up a lot of space. I just didn't see it. Or didn't want to see it.
It was comical, and vexing at the same time, to hear her dismay when I told her that the small speakers I was going to purchase had to be on a stand, which would bring their height up to 34 inches. She said I didn't really accomplish a downsizing. But when she saw that there was much less mass, she was very pleased. We sacrifice and compromise for one another. Couldn't be happier.

The term synergy is used here often. Abucktwoeighty defines and finds it very well!!
Inna, your wife must not be use to seeing you holding a big cable (sorry couldnt resist)
I have 100% control in the music room , she has 100% control every where else . Works for me .