Opinions - The Absolute Sound

I recently recieved an offer in the mail for a year of The Absolute Sound for $14.95. I've never had a subscription to an audiophile type magazine and am wondering if it's worth getting for this, or any, price.
mceljo
I subscribe to both and find myself enjoying Absolute Sound a bit more. Their articles are more accessible and readable without being "dumbed down" like an A/V monthly publication I won't mention. Stereophile reads a little too serious for even a serious audiophile like myself. I subscribe to Stereophile because they keep offering me some rediculously cheap subscription rate which works out to be a cup of coffe for each issue so it's a no brainer. I reread the Absolute Sound while Stereophile gets a single look through and gets passed onto my friends. Go the library and compare and ask: "Which one do I find more readable?"
I'm with Tvad. Do you really need someone to hold you hand about a magazine subscription?
For the small price of the subscription, it is a cheap fix to my addiction to audio. I may not be able to afford all the good stuff, I can at least look and read about it.
Mceljo, If you are interested in music also, and not just gear, you might check out HiFi+, which offers not only better pictures than TAS but also better music reviews by far, and finally a flavor for what the Brits are up to. The subscription costs of TAS and Stereophile are so cheap, the decision really becomes do you enjoy reading about new equipment and, if so, just order them. If you have philosophical differences with the reviewers and/or advertisements then don't buy them and read Soundstage!, Dagogo, Positive Feedback Online, Enjoy the Music, etc. etc. etc. on line for free.

Tvad, no such thing as one dollar meal. Sort of like audio magazines. You buy one and you want another...pretty soon every day....then finally you are hooked and you can forget that 100 miles a week on your bike. Just say no :?)