Brought a new Tweak home today to try out.

Today I stopped by the local hi end store to compare speaker wires and ended up listening to my $7 hardware store wires to a pair of Nordost that retail for $2,000. Admittedly, there was a difference, but not enough to justify the cost. I'd rather spend $5,000 for the Pathos integrated amplifier that I was listening to that made the $7 speaker wires and a pair of Focal 807v speakers (not as good as mine) sound better than my speakers. It was an amazing display of clarity.

In any case, when I told the owner/salesman my thoughts and the reality of my budget, he pointed me toward a set of Nordost Sort Kones. I've heard them in the store on an expensive CD player and he promised he'd take them back if I wasn't sold on them with my system. So far, I think I'm impressed, but need to do more listening this week.
mceljo
mjelco, usually cones fit with the wide part under the component and the spikes downward. The Sort Kones, however, are not cones, so they don't follow that rule. The Goldmund cones, which I have, are also a pyramid-type design, but I don't think Nordost's design was intended to drain the vibration out of the component in the same way.
I just listened to the Nutcracker Suite, one by the Kirov, I think. Hadn't heard it in a year or so. Was astounded by how pure it sounds. Never sounded that way before, was always a bit thick in the bass. Not anymore.
I'm using Hurricanes, Nordost Tyr interconnects, Shunyata Andromeda speaker cable, First Sound preamp and Nola Elite speakers right now with an Arcam CD player. Excellent sonics, but more to the point, the lines of instruments -- and instrumental groups -- make more sense. I'm simply hearing the music more clearly and distinctly. In other words, the music just makes more sense, which means I get more "involved" and emotionally connected to it with the Kones.
People could easily get the ceramic kones (as you did), which are only $10 more per cone than the aluminum, but well worth the difference, as far as I can hear! They outperform my Goldmund Cones, Nordost Pulsar and Quasar Points and even the (more expensive) Finite Elemente feet I have.
I wonder if the concept of placement has as much to do with the improvement as the actual physical design does. Don't the Pulsar points just replace the exisiting equipment feet?
i assume that the nordost kones are hard objects. my experience with such devices is that they harden the sound and provide more resolution, which may be beneficial if one's stereo system is on the "soft" side.

since i have not auditioned this product i cannot presume that the material used is hard or that its shape is conical.

i prefer more compliant materials, e.g., polyeurythane, as they render timbre in a more realistic manner.

of course , if the nordost cones are relatively inexpensive. not much is lost if someone doesn't like its effect.
Mrtennis - According to Nordost, "Sort" is Danish for black and the concept is that the kones remove low level white noice from the audio signal. Ironically, that's almost the excact feeling I get during the times that I am convinced that I'm hearing a difference. I'll admit to not hearing a distinct difference every time I do an A/B comparison.

When I first got my Focal speakers I clearly noted that much of the improvement was simply the "blackness" of the sound when there isn't supposed to be sound. It was like the speakers stopped moving exactly when they were supposed to instead of continuing to cycle. The Sort Kones simply enhance this difference.

I find it difficult to attribute it all to placebo when my impression of the difference is exactly what they advertise.