Eminent Technology ET-2 Tonearm Owners

Where are you? What mods have you done ?

I have been using these ET2's for over 9 years now.
I am still figuring them out and learning from them. They can be modified in so many ways. Bruce Thigpen laid down the GENIUS behind this tonearm over 20 years ago. Some of you have owned them for over 20 years !

Tell us your secrets.

New owners – what questions do you have ?

We may even be able to coax Bruce to post here. :^)

There are so many modifications that can be done.

Dressing of the wire with this arm is critical to get optimum sonics along with proper counterweight setup.

Let me start it off.

Please tell us what you have found to be the best wire for the ET-2 tonearm ? One that is pliable/doesn’t crink or curl. Whats the best way of dressing it so it doesn’t impact the arm. Through the spindle - Over the manifold - Below manifold ? What have you come up with ?
128x128ct0517
Ok, you guys are a bad influence... I just bought a used, ugly ebay Timeter Aridyne 3000. It seems to make air ok, so now I need to find adapters for the air outlets... where to get?

Should work better than my little hobby airbrushing pump. Probably quieter too.

BTW, I found 19 psi to be the sweet spot for my 2.5 too!

TIA!

Greg in Mississippi <- has 2 ET's, a II and a 2.5, both with high-pressure manifolds. Phono's been down for years, excited to be doing something to get it going again.
Greg in Mississippi - welcome to the thread and Audiogon !

Another Multi ET2'er .......

the timeter ugly ?

Well I guess...but I prefer the word industrial looking :^)

so now I need to find adapters for the air outlets

I am using a Schrader Bellows Adapter on top of the TImeter.

http://cgim.audiogon.com/i/vs/i/f/1390344387.jpg

Looking at the pic on the right.
Turning the knob allows me to control humidity and psi levels at the pump itself.

Where to buy.

http://www.parker.com

Click on where to buy.
Select Locate by Brand Name.
Select Schrader Bellows.
Follow remaining prompts for your zip code.
It should come up with the places closest to you.

or

If you google "Mississippi Hydraulics Pneumatics" it should provide a list of places near you also for similar regulators.
I recommend bringing the whole pump into the store for three reasons.

- So you can watch their faces when you open up the back panel and they see what kind of compressor/pump it is.
- So you can watch their faces again when you tell them what you are going to use it for (priceless)
- With pump in the store they should be able to match up adapters that will work and connect them for you so you are sure. Let their expertise guide you as long as they know how you will take some air from it.

If any questions you can contact me at bcpguy (at) bell (dot) net

Cheers Chris
An ET2 base model from France.

Mais Oui!

aucune affiliation à l'annonce

(no affiliation to the ad)
Hi Greg
here is the info on the Schrader Bellows part I referenced earlier in case you decide to pursue it. I called a random dealer to see if the part was available, in case a dealer was not available near you. Cheers.

Chris,

For the Schrader bellow part, 3381101, I found a part, 003381101, which is a ¼” needle valve. The price is $28.20 each and has a 10 day lead time. If this is not the correct part or you have any other questions feel free to email me back.

Thanks,

Stephen Kretz
Ohio Belting & Transmission Co. | Customer Service

(419) 535-5665 x 119 Business
Thx for the info and legwork. That'll be very helpful.

I pulled the fitting off the top outlet and will try a few possible options this afternoon.

One thought... is it better to run the 50psi into a surge, then regulate it down, or regulate first, then surge tank? I have a couple of heavy-wall PVC pipe surge tanks and did have them upstream of a regulator in the past, so they can take the pressure.

Yah, I do already have a regulator, but I'm planning to setup both arms in separate systems and will want a 2nd one. I prefer to have the regulator near enough to the system where I can see it and adjust if needed. So I'll use the contacts you sent to get the 2nd one.

On the pump being ugly, I wasn't joking... it had seen some use, see here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/330896465118?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 .

I found the maintenance manual and opened it up... all of the sound-deadening foam is crumbling, need to find replacement. And the pump may not be fully secured on its mounts... will look at it closer this weekend and start some R&R on it.

I not only have 2 ET, but started with an ET-I back in the day! When I got that, I knew I had the arm I'd die with!

Greg in Mississippi